• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Idi's Xbox Game Recommendations

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the recommendations on where I should start my gaming experience! I'm thrilled to say I will be getting my Xbox today. :nod:

With the Xbox, I will be getting a few games as well. But I wanted a thread where people could recommend what other games I should play as well.

I will get:
Halo:Reach
Batman Arkham Asylum
Mass Effect (not sure which one, I will confirm later)

So what else?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Most of my Xbox games are shooters, like Halo, Gears of War, Bioshock, Call of Duty. I don't know that I'd recommend any of them for a new gamer.

The Grand Theft Auto games are a lot of fun because you don't really have to be "good." You can just screw around in those games and have a blast.

Red Dead Redemption is an amazing game, which I've heard referred to as Grand Theft Horse because of its similarities to GTA. It has some of the most beautiful graphics of any Xbox game.

Then there's Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, which is one of my all time favorite games. It's an original Xbox game, but you can play it on Xbox 360. Some of the combat can be tricky, but the platforming and puzzles are tons of fun.

dDave

V.I.P.
All available in XBOX Live Arcade...

Halo: Combat Evolved
Perfect Dark
Banjo Kazooie

I'd also recommend saving some money to buy some DLC for Mass Effect (unless it's ME1 because you won't need any DLC)

My brother loves to play Star Wars, the Force Unleashed. You may look into that game.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Some great recommendations already. They sound like must haves so far. Thanks guys.

I half expect the Mass Effect to be first one, but I could be wrong.

I should maybe add to those who don't know that I was really keen on getting the Wii U, as I really wanted to play DK, Zelda and Mario games. So anything that would be substitutes for those would be great.

dDave

V.I.P.
Banjo Kazooie is about as close as you can get to DK without actually being Donkey Kong. I imagine Prince of Persia may feel like Zelda but I haven't played it. As for Mario, it's far too unique and there's no chance of finding a suitable replacement title.

Perfect Dark is my personal favorite N64 shooter. The game was remastered for 360 and it's a great improvement over the original in my mind.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Conker's Bad Fur Day is another game sort of similar to DK64, also made by Rare, but has less collection and is more story and humor driven. Pretty sure you can get it for 360. That was one of my favorite N64 games.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Gah most of my favourite games are PS3 exclusives, so it's hard to think of some. I would recommend the Bioshock games, and Portal 2.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Gah most of my favourite games are PS3 exclusives, so it's hard to think of some. I would recommend the Bioshock games, and Portal 2.
What a coincidence. I got 11 games with the xbox (will list them all in a little bit), and Portal 2 happens to be one of them.

Unfortunately Mass Effect is not on the list, so that goes on my recommendations.
------
So here's my list, in the form of a picture. :)

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
You already have the three games I would have recommended... Arkham Asylum, Arkham City & Alan Wake. All of those are excellent.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Sweet. I would have guessed the two Batman games as your favorite. I haven't heard much of Alan Wake, but it looks pretty awesome! ;)
------
So here's my next question. Where do I start? :lol:

Last edited: