• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Idi's Race Tracker

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I recently (5th of January 2015) started participating in road races. The goal is to get up to marathon distance, but obviously I am no where near that yet, and am starting with the beginners.

I've done 4 races already, one every weekend since I started, and I thought it would be best for me to keep track of everything here. Almost like a record for myself, but I encourage anyone who feels like motivating me to go ahead or any runner tips are also welcome in this thread.

The idea is to see betterment in both distance and time as the year goes by.

Road Races
Race 1: Modderfontein - 5km's in 1 hour 10 minutes
Race 2: Acacia - 5km's in 50 minutes
Race 3: PwC - 5km's in 54 minutes
Race 4: McCarthy - 10km's in 1 hour 55 minutes
Race 5: BestMed TUKS - 10km's in 1 hour 50 minutes

Park Runs
Park Run 1: Modderfontein Reserve - 5km's in 57 minutes

This weekend coming will be my first free weekend this year. Kind of looking forward to it. :lol:

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like you have been working hard and your doing well at it. Persistence pays off and you will be running with the pro's in no time.

Bet you will be looking forward to a weekend off to rest those sore muscles.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I blame my brother mostly, but also my dad. My dad has been running for about 25 years now, and my brother started two years ago. They do the same races as me, but they do either the half marathons or full marathons. I'm not quite there yet, or close to there yet. :lol:

I would like to do my first half marathon by September this year. Totally reasonable goal, I think.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Wow, that is really cool. I've actually been thinking about doing something like this. Keep it up.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've updated my OP with race five details from this morning. I cut my previous 10 km time by 5 minutes, which I am happy with. However, I wanted to do a little better, since it was predominantly flat 90% of the time.

Still, happy with the outcome. Race six will be in two weeks time and I'm entered for the 5km. That race is called Monster, with very good reason. So I chickened out and decided on the 5km option.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's pretty awesome that you're doing these races. Keep it up, dude!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I did my first park run today. It was really fun and a good way to work out. My nearest park run is only 10 minutes drive from my house in a lovely reserve area with water and trees. Very enjoyable walk. I still prefer the road races, but this is a great alternative for weekends where I don't do races for whatever reason.