• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3ds Idi's Majora's Mask Progress Thread

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'm guessing I get more masks as the game goes on, that will allow me to change to different forms, like the Deku Mask. I'm looking forward to see what else there is. I'm glad I still have the Ocarina. I like the Ocarina.

So I ask again, should I spend more time in Clock Town, or head out?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm guessing I get more masks as the game goes on, that will allow me to change to different forms, like the Deku Mask. I'm looking forward to see what else there is. I'm glad I still have the Ocarina. I like the Ocarina.

So I ask again, should I spend more time in Clock Town, or head out?
That's for you to decide ;).

If it helps, I don't specifically recall anything that needs doing immediately in clock town. (ok there is one thing you should do but don't have to. It's not that hard and I know you'll find it).

Generally speaking, you should familiarize yourself with Clock Town. It's actually really interesting and there's a lot of stuff, most of it linked to side quests of some sort.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
After some more time in Clock Town collecting rupees and hearts and the fairie mask, I headed out to the Canyon. Purely by cooncidence. But I've been roaming around and I get the feeling I can't do this one yet. I seem to need a horse and a weapon I don't have right now.

Where should I be going now?

dDave

V.I.P.
After some more time in Clock Town collecting rupees and hearts and the fairie mask, I headed out to the Canyon. Purely by cooncidence. But I've been roaming around and I get the feeling I can't do this one yet. I seem to need a horse and a weapon I don't have right now.

Where should I be going now?
Hint, head to the forested area.

The Canyon was probably the most annoying part of the game. Without a doubt, it's pretty creepy, you'll see more of this when you can access the whole thing.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Thanks for confirming. I suspected I was in the wrong place. I'll head back to Clock Town and look for "a forrested area". ;)

Nothing in the game seems too dark or creepy to me yet. Feels very similar to Ocarina of Time so far. But ask me again after a dungeon and especially after a boss. Lol

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Someone in town was supposed to tell you to head out the South gate or something, which would then lead you to the swamp/forest. Maybe the Great Fairy is the one who tells you that. Talk to everyone though. That's usually important in Zelda games.

dDave

V.I.P.
Thanks for confirming. I suspected I was in the wrong place. I'll head back to Clock Town and look for "a forrested area". ;)

Nothing in the game seems too dark or creepy to me yet. Feels very similar to Ocarina of Time so far. But ask me again after a dungeon and especially after a boss. Lol
Trust me, it'll get there. Definitely got some strange dark undertones to it, much more so than Ocarina.

Someone in town was supposed to tell you to head out the South gate or something, which would then lead you to the swamp/forest. Maybe the Great Fairy is the one who tells you that. Talk to everyone though. That's usually important in Zelda games.
Yeah, to figure things out fully you literally have to talk to EVERYONE. I think this adds a lot to the depth of the gameplay and the world.

One pattern in MM is that you have to redo some tasks repeatedly due to the time reset.