• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3ds Idi's Majora's Mask Progress Thread

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
After completing and loving every minute of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time over a year ago, I just purchased Majora's Mask for my 2DS. I am extremely excited to get started, but from what I've heard, it's a fair bit more difficult than Ocarina of Time.

I'm sure I won't be able to get the same kind of help I got for Ocarina of Time, but I would like to use this thread to post my progress and ask for help from anyone that could offer it.

Wish me luck. :nod:

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Man, I forgot how quickly time can fly whilst playing this game. I don't even know how long I just played. Probably close to two hours.

Soooo, I basically finished what I'm just gonna call the first part, since I don't know what else to call it. Hehe. I got the Mask Shop dude to turn me back into a boy, so I have the Deku Mask and Notebook. I am little Link again and heading off to some mountain or ocean or whatever else I'm supposed to head to.

Mostly it's just been about getting a feel for the controls and maps again. Going much better than Ocarina of Time's start for me, at least. I tried to get some hearts, but I haven't really been able to get too many. I think I have one actually, which is what, a quarter? :lol:

Nothing too hectic or scary just yet. Already loving it and hooked. This was probably not the best idea with having to work and study - but if Det can do it, so can I. :nod:

dDave

V.I.P.
There's a lot cool stuff to do around Clock Town. Keep in mind that the time of day and even the specific day can have a huge impact on what's available to do and certain side quests.

Using different variations of the song of time can also affect the flow of time. (You can skip time, go at double time, or slow it down to half speed).

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Can I do all that with the same "song of time"? And I take it the notebook will help me figure out the timelines you're referring to?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Should I spend more time in Clock Town before heading out?

dDave

V.I.P.
You're supposed to learn the other songs from someone.
I'm pretty sure you can actually use them when you have the Song of Time. There is someone that tells you about it though. I might be completely mistaken on that.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
No, I think you're right. But it's still kind of a spoiler since you're supposed to find that out for yourself.

dDave

V.I.P.
No, I think you're right. But it's still kind of a spoiler since you're supposed to find that out for yourself.
Right. I should let her figure things out on her own. Still, that's not a hard thing to figure out. I'd like to see how she does on the dungeons. All I've told her so far is that they're significantly more challenging than in Ocarina of Time. (Although, that might be due to the fact that I know Ocarina of Time pretty much 100%)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Everything about this game is a lot more difficult than Ocarina of Time. The dungeons, the bosses, finding the dungeons, the side quests, the mini games, etc. It's a good challenge though. I don't think it's as difficult as Zelda 1, 2, or 3.