• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Identity Theft Insurance?

yooperchick

Registered Member
With all the identity theft going on now-a-days, what are your opinions on Identity Theft Insurance? Anyone get it and have to use it?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't have it but I did start shredding all credit card applications I get, along with other mail with personal account numbers on it.. That should count for something at least right? :-/

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Getting this type of insurance is not something I would recommend. I am a licensed insurance rep and believe me when I say our main goal is to avoid claims and paying out on them. It's not something we even offer simply because the hassle is not worth any profit we might make.
The best thing is to protect yourself as much as possible, like Andrew said, shred everything and be very leary of giving your soc sec # out!