• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Identifying Actors/Actresses

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I seem to have an uncanny ability to remember and recall actors in even the most obscure of roles. For example: Sean Connery was in The Longest Day. The girlfriend from Prison Break is also Lori from Walking Dead. I seem to make these connections easily and can recall them almost at will.

My question to you, GF, is what level of character/actor recall do you have?

dDave

V.I.P.
I can tell you right now that Kevin Bacon is in Planes Trains and Automobiles.

I can remember seeing an actor/actress just about anywhere. I love watching movies so naturally having a natural ability to recognize people comes in handy.

Might as well throw in an identification challenge for this thread. Here's a tough one Mirage showed me recently. This is one that I did not get.

Hook Boo Box - YouTube

Excluding Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, Julia Roberts, and Bob Hoskins; Who is the most famous film star in this scene?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Glenn Close is the old gray dude with the beard.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I always recognize actors and actresses, but a lot of the time I have a hard time placing what I've seen them in before. But that's why IMDB is so great. I just look them up on there.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm pretty good at recognizing the stars from the older movies and shows but the newer ones I'm not. I stopped watching so much TV or movies and now I have a hard time even knowing who the major stars are.

Elanor

Registered Member
I am generally pretty good at recognising actors/actresses. Most of the time I either remember their name or something else they have been in. But as Major said, that is what IMDb is great for. If am struggling to remember a name or where I have seen someone before I just look them up on there.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I always recognize actors and actresses, but a lot of the time I have a hard time placing what I've seen them in before. But that's why IMDB is so great. I just look them up on there.
This.

I'm pretty good at it. Better than most of my friends who usually go "That's so-and-so from what's-it-called?". There are definitely times I need to use IMDB though. And even when I don't need to, I do. Especially if I like that person and want to see what else they've been in.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Like Detrimental this also. That is why I love IMDB, and the thing is if I'm watching something at home I have to look it up right then and then because it bugs the hell out of me until I do.

dDave

V.I.P.
It's cool that all you guys like IMDb. Browsing IMDb is one of my favorite things to do. I have it quick linked on my bookmarks bar and on top of that I have the app on my phone. I get on it several times a day (more often than facebook :lol:)

I use IMDb to really delve into film research. I can get a reliable rating for a movie, see who is in it, the budget, when it came out, watch trailers/clips, get demographics on the film, read reviews, ratings, etc.

I don't normally rely on IMDb to actually identify someone I see in a movie, I can usually do it without assistance like that.