Ideas on reintroducing the Cruiserweight Title in the WWE

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I was thinking the other night - I think a good move by the WWE would be to reintroduce the Cruiserweight belt on one of their shows, and really make an effort at producing good matches and feuds for the belt (as with Mysterio/Tajiri/Noble a few years ago). TNA having the X-Division is really something that the WWE needs to compete with.

My hypothetical idea would be to have Rey Mysterio bring the title back after Wrestlemania. Having a former champ that is now in the main event picture would bring instant credibility, and would be a way to start pushing some of the lower weight guys that have a lot of skill.

Thoughts? Ideas on how to reintroduce the title?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I would love to have the cruiserweight title back in the WWE, but only if we have real cruiserweights defending the title, e.g. Jamie Noble, Chavo, Santino, Jimmy Wang Yang and a few others of course. I personally don't want Rey in this division since he's not a cruiserweight anymore.

That's one thing that I really liked from WCW, their cruiserweight division was incredible, you had guys like Kidman, Mysterio, Psicosis, Juventud and so many more.

It's a shame that Vince hates small guys, because a division like this can work wonders for the WWE.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

With the show being more geared towards kids now it only makes sense to have the Cruiserweight title back. With all the spots, high-flying action you get with cruiserweights I would say it'd be worth it. Also, bring back and use the wrestlers MJ suggested.

Oh, and allow them to do more moves that are typically banned in the WWE - that's where they shine. If you start banning moves it gets dull and starts to become like any other match the WWE currently has.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Its a great idea that has about 4% of happening. Vince never took this division seriously and he never will. Personally, I watched WCW for the Cruiserweights and I love the X-Division.

Unfortunately Vinnie Mac doesn't think small dudes sell. It sucks.

5. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

So, Vilky and Millz, Babe was the only one to actually mention anything about how he'd reintroduce the belt...hypothetically.

Regardless of what Vince will or will not do, how would you move things and promote the belt?

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I would put it on Chavo to be honest with you. I think out of all the cruiserweight wrestlers that I mentioned he's probably the most gifted out them all.

Second I would have at least two cruiserweight matches per shows, just to help get the word out that the division is back and back at full force. Then I would hire a few more cruiserweight wrestlers to add to this division so people can take it seriously.

I'd also make sure that the title is always on the line on Pay Per Views.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

The tough part is that unless you've got ALL the cruiserweights on one roster its not going to work to its full potential. There's enough talent to pull it off, however.

I'd give the strap to a veteran to start. A Chavo Guerrero or even a Santino would be fun. Eventually I'd make Evan Bourne the star of the new division.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

o-- I would put all the cruiserweights on SmackDown! because ECW doesn't shine enough light on them and RAW always screwed up the crusierweights and mid-carders some how. Basically, RAW will make it look like a joke. SmackDown! will be the best choice.

o-- I would first have a random, out of the blue battle royal for the Cruiserweight title. Chavo, Santino, Jam Master J, Yoshi, Jimmy Wang Yang and whoever else will compete.

o-- Chavo will win and be given his Kerwin White gimmick back. He'll show up next week talking about how a cruiserweight champion needs to be more professional and all that jazz.

A per~rfect set up to see a great gimmick like Kerwin White come back into light!

9. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i agree that nothing will ever happen but id also put them all on one show and id give the strap to bryan danielson on ecw