• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ideas for tinned tuna?

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
My Mum keeps giving me tins of tuna, but the only thing I can think to make with them is tuna mayo sandwiches, so now I've got like 5 tins of tuna in my cupboard...

Anyone got any other ideas for what else I can do with tinned tuna?

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Make a simple tomato sauce, and mix that and the tuna with pasta. Really yummy

dDave

V.I.P.
Actually I really like adding tuna to macaroni and cheese. Another thing you might try is putting it on a salad.

Be careful about tuna though, eating too much of it can be really bad for you, there are small traces of mercury in it which if taken in larger amounts can be really bad for you.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
My mom used to make a tuna casserole that was yum. She would use cream of mushroom soup, tuna, and cooked elbow macaroni. Then she would put a layer of cheddar cheese on the top of it and bake until the cheese was bubbly.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
dDave said:
Actually I really like adding tuna to macaroni and cheese.
This. It's a staple of my diet.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
You could simply put it on a jacket potato. Or make a cold pasta and tuna salad.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
I add onions, celery, curry powder, garlic, and mayo to it on a sandwich. Toasted bread and some lettuce. yum.

Or tuna cakes, with breadcrumbs and fried.

Or I feed it to the cat.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Is that true, Dave? I eat tuna sandwiches almost every single day.

This is going to sound gross but you have to try it. Tuna mixed with pasta, cheese, salad cream and onions. Then put mash on top. Sounds gross but it's to die for.

Also, Nix... Go to Greggs and buy a 'tuna crunch'. It's basically tuna mixed with peppers and some sort of salsa. It's beautiful. If you like it you could make your own.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Is that true, Dave? I eat tuna sandwiches almost every single day.
Apparently anything more than 3 cans a week could put you at a slight risk, with regards to the whole mercury thing. That's what I've heard anyway. I wouldn't worry about it unless I was a child or pregnant.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
If you're overloaded with [strike]tinned[/strike] canned tuna, remember that you can always use some to feed a local cat or two.