• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Iconic/Favorite Wrestling T-Shirts

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yes, I'm making a thread about T-Shirts! :lol:

Definitely since the beginnings of the Attitude Era/Monday Night Wars, pro wrestling T-Shirts have been barometers of wrestlers' popularity, pop culture symbols, and sometimes iconic in the business itself.

Also, describe the following (and include a picture if you can find one):

(1) What do you think of as the most iconic/famous pro wrestling T-Shirt of all time? What one shirt made more of a statement in the business than all others?

(2) What is your personal favorite wrestling T-Shirt that you've ever seen or purchased? Why does it stand out to you, etc.?

BigBob

Registered Member
My answer for both (1) and (2) are the same. The original Degeneration X t-shirts. Just the same "Degeneration X" on the front and "Two Words, Suck It' on the back. It's just one of those groups that I find it hard to believe that anyone hated and anyone and everyone who followed wrestling hardcore during the 90's have had one or thought about purchasing one.

One of the most infamous groups in wrestling history.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I think the nWo is the most iconic wrestling t shirt of all time. I'd say almost 50% of the WCW audience would be wearing one!!

My personal favourite... is a pretty similar one!! :p

1-2-3 4 life!! I mean Al Snow, Gillberg, Blue Meanie, Bob Holly and 2 Cold Scorpio... What a faction!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My favorite shirts are the muscle shirt from Hulk Hogan, always wanted one, still do actually. Others one that I really enjoyed was the 3:16(I know Millz has that one).

I have a couple of shirts myself, one is the current CM Punk shirt(Best in the World) ironically my other shirt is a Chris Jericho T-Shirt, which I kind of regret buying since it's not all that nice.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
BR, other than your personal favorites and ones you own, what would you say is the most important/famous shirt that the business has ever seen?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
To me, I'd say the Hulk Hogan is the most famous/iconic shirt in the Wrestling business. In my opinion, he made the muscle shirt cool. I know some people started wearing it before him, but he's the one who made it famous. Another thing that he made famous with that shirt is ripping it apart. I've done that with a few "wife beaters" myself when I was pretty loaded. It's fun to do.

Second one, I'd give it to NWO shirt. Like wooly mentioned, almost everyone in the WCW crowd had that black and white t-shirt.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Three shirts immediately pop to mind...and they are...

NWO
DX
Austin 3:16

They were popular during an era in which wrestling was as popular as ever before. I'd bet they were three of the highest selling shirts of all time. The DX one I am talking about is the one that Bob described...

I'd say my Austin one is my favorite and my Punk one my second favorite. When I was a kid I did have an Ultimate Warrior but also had a Rock and Kane.

Austin is #1 though for myself.