Ichiro is amazing

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Ichiro already as 183 hits this season, if he remains healthy he'll definitely reach 200 hits this season. Which will make nine straight season with 200 hits or more. He's twelve hits away from getting his 2,000 hit. That to me is simply remarkable. To me he's been arguably one of the best players in the last decade. I wish he played his whole career in the Majors because I believe he would of been able to achieve 4,000 hits.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

He's also won a Gold Glove in each of his first eight seasons, plus he's a good base stealer. I don't think he gets the attention or credit he deserves since he's not on a high-profile team and he doesn't have big power numbers, but he's definitely one of the best players in the league over the last decade.

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I wouldn't say Ichiro is one of the best baseball players in the decade...I'd say he is the best baseball player we've seen this decade. He is the most disciplined, consistant and biggest producer (really) in the past 9 years.

Add his numbers up, I dare you.

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I have to agree he has been the most consistent baseball player this decade has seen and has been the best player. He's a great hitter, baserunner, and a hell of a defensive player. He hasn't gotten the attention he deserves.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

The greatest baseball player we've seen this decade is Albert Pujols...no questions asked there. Ichiro has been awesome but he's no Albert.

6. Babe_Ruth

The reason why Pujols might be better then Ichiro is because he puts up better power numbers. If Ichiro wanted to he could hit twenty home runs, but that's not part of his game. He rather get on base by hitting a single. Pujols might be better but Ichiro is not far behind that's for sure.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Pujols might be a better hitter, since he hits for power as well as average, plus he draws a lot of walks. But I think Ichiro is the better overall player when you consider his defense and base running.

8. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not saying he's that far off but nobody in the history of professional baseball has ever had a better start to a career then Pujols.

Oh and he has 12 stolen bases this season...I'm just sayin'.
    ------
    Pujols might be the best defensive 1B in the NL...

Oh and he's the best base runner in the league. Nobody is smarter.

I'll just throw this out there too...

Beyond Baseball | MLB.com: Fan Forum

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  9. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Ichiro's really good, but he's not the best this decade (and I'm a Mariners fan).

Pujols is better (although it seems that Millz is overrating his D and baserunning). A-Roid is better. It's hard to compare pitchers to hitters, but there's some SP I'd put over him.

10. Babe_Ruth

It's hard to judge Rodriguez because of the steroid allegations. I think it's pretty clear to everyone Ichiro didn't take any enhancement drugs.

Millz, I think it's debatable that Pujols has had the best start of a career in Major League history.