Movies I wish Heath Ledger faked his death

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm still really taken back with Heath Ledger's death several months ago. Especially with Batman Dark Knight coming out in about a month and a half. I've seen videos on YouTube and have seen blogs and such where people claim his death was faked as part of the most elaborate movie marketing scheme ever. Part of me is annoyed that people would accuse him of doing this, but the more I think about it I don't think I'd be very mad if somehow they ended up being true. I'm a realistic person however and just can't be bothered with far fetched rumors and theories.

Obviously he is dead. As unfortunate as it is it's just the truth. The fact that he was shooting a new movie at the time of his death, and that the producers of that movie have already cast big name replacements for "alternate personalities" of his character in order to finish shooting (while preserving his footage) makes me think that yes, he is definitely (and very unfortunately) dead. (Unless this is some huge 911 style conspiracy that somehow hasn't leaked at all yet beyond the standard Elvis-esq rumors).

That being said, I think I'd rather the rumors be true. I wouldn't complain. I think a lot of fans would be angry but hey I'd rather have him back any way possible. Unfortunately he really is gone.

Anybody else thinking about him more as Dark Knight gets closer? I guess for me it's just really sad that he will miss the premier and fan reactions to what I consider to be the biggest movie of his career. I always like watching actors and actresses being interviewed on Leno, Letterman, etc before a really big movie of theirs comes out. It just doesn't seem right that there is a HUGE hype around his Joker character and he isn't here to take part in it. It's going to be hard watching his performance knowing that he will never see it or get any reaction from fans.

Maybe it's just me but he was within my top two or three favorite actors.

Sorry, just had to rant a bit. I know it's old news but it still feels like yesterday for me.

YouTube - Last interview with Heath Ledger

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I think about him every time I see your avatar.

It just doesn't seem right that there is a HUGE hype around his Joker character and he isn't here to take part in it. It's going to be hard watching his performance knowing that he will never see it or get any reaction from fans.
That right there is the definition of irony for me, because it's the character that killed him, if you want to get right down to it.

I've always liked him.

:cry:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes I know. It's so unfortunate how it really is ironic.

There are a few things in life that I really wish I could just rewind or "wake up" from. I didn't know him and had never met him but it just makes me sad to think about.

Felt the same way when Steve Irwin died. Oddly enough they were both Aussies.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Alot of people think he's still alive. People say that he'll come out right after the movie premier and say "Why so serious??" and make it the biggest marketing scam ever. I trully beleive he's dead. There's no need for that bad of marketing plot for this movie. The first movie alone will bring people to see it. I really disagree with the people who say he's still alive. I doubt anyone would be so shallow to do this.

If you were right Chris, I'd give you like....150 dollars. That would be the most amazing thing ever, but it probably won't happen. I am pretty depressed he is dead, he was definatly becoming one of the defining actors of our time, and it sucks that his life was cut so short. He had a ton of talent, but I have to agree with Jeanie. the Joker killed heath.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I bet there will be a kick ass movie about his life someday. Wonder who will play him.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well Bosh, like I said if somehow that happened I'd be totally blown away with shock, BUT, I'd really be happy about it. That would be a very screwed up marketing strategy though. I've heard rumors about this too. Like how he says "It's all.. part of the plan." And "Why so serious?" And most recently, how it was rumored for a while that WB was going to pull attention away from the Joker in promotional materials, and even pulled the "Why so serious" posters from production, only to make a ton more Joker merchandise later. Time has passed though so who knows.
One of the strangest things about all this is that "The Joker" actually fakes his own death in the movie "Batman Dark Knight" and is seen in a body bag. Coincidence? Probably... but it's a scary parallel.
The viral marketing for Dark Knight has been very impressive so far. Would they dare fake a celebrity death as part of a marketing ploy? I tend to think not. They have done a TON of viral work on the internet though and most of it has surrounded the Joker.

IF somehow this is actually some HUGE marketing ploy then I'd say it's a very screwed up one. You can bet that every news network would cover the story and give a TON of publicity to Batman Dark Knight.

I honestly think it's not the case though. It would be an awesome thing if it was though. I guess we will know 100% soon enough but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It would be an incredible turn of events though.
------
Not to mention the fact that there were police reports surrounding his death and death scene. Unless WB paid off police officers to lie then it couldn't really have been faked. And if they did, can you imagine the huge trouble they would be in? Paying off cops to file a false police report has to be some sort of federal felony.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no way he's still alive, if they would even fake his death it would an awful thing to do, even if it was for marketing the movie. It's ashame that he did die because he was starting to get the major roles he deservered. He was hitting his prime. But like I've mentioned earlier in this post, theres no way that Heath Ledger is still alive.

Delmar

I'm still really taken back with Heath Ledger's death several months ago. Especially with Batman Dark Knight coming out in about a month and a half. I've seen videos on YouTube and have seen blogs and such where people claim his death was faked as part of the most elaborate movie marketing scheme ever. Part of me is annoyed that people would accuse him of doing this, but the more I think about it I don't think I'd be very mad if somehow they ended up being true. I'm a realistic person however and just can't be bothered with far fetched rumors and theories.

Obviously he is dead. As unfortunate as it is it's just the truth. The fact that he was shooting a new movie at the time of his death, and that the producers of that movie have already cast big name replacements for "alternate personalities" of his character in order to finish shooting (while preserving his footage) makes me think that yes, he is definitely (and very unfortunately) dead. (Unless this is some huge 911 style conspiracy that somehow hasn't leaked at all yet beyond the standard Elvis-esq rumors).

That being said, I think I'd rather the rumors be true. I wouldn't complain. I think a lot of fans would be angry but hey I'd rather have him back any way possible. Unfortunately he really is gone.

Anybody else thinking about him more as Dark Knight gets closer? I guess for me it's just really sad that he will miss the premier and fan reactions to what I consider to be the biggest movie of his career. I always like watching actors and actresses being interviewed on Leno, Letterman, etc before a really big movie of theirs comes out. It just doesn't seem right that there is a HUGE hype around his Joker character and he isn't here to take part in it. It's going to be hard watching his performance knowing that he will never see it or get any reaction from fans.

Maybe it's just me but he was within my top two or three favorite actors.

Sorry, just had to rant a bit. I know it's old news but it still feels like yesterday for me.

YouTube - Last interview with Heath Ledger
I guess I read this post with inattention. I was not trying to give you a hard time. I was just really trying to figure out How someone would come up with the idea that he faked his own death. Now I see that you are just lamenting that fact that he is gone. I did like his work. A Knights tale was a lot of fun

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
If he was still alive I would have other things on my mind when I watched the movie but i Know that will be all that I am thinking about.

It's ridiculous to think that a famous actor would fake his death.