I went hiking yesterday

Hiei

The Hierophant
And I don't have any pictures as of yet, but they're on my friends phone. I don't think any picture will ever show exactly what I experienced. It was complete isolation with my friend, just getting to know the lay of the land and FEEL the power in the earth.

First, I have to tell you, we've named ourselves the founding fathers of the Trail Blazers. What we do, is go out rock climbing or hiking or whatever, all the while blazing some weed. It's awesome.

We ended up climbing over two huge hills, not quite mountains, but hills. Nothing but rocks, some cactus, and elevation. It was beautiful and very much worth it. We didn't know how far we were going to go until we got there, and should have packed more food.

After we climbed those hills, getting all scraped up and finding a bunch of shit, like caves, hills, and peaks. Everything. Then, we saw the mountin that we didn't want to climb, but the one we HAD to climb. It was beautiful. Off in the distance and we knew that we had to go, so we did. We tried to get to the top, and we almost made it.

It ended up being a twenty foot straight rock wall climb to get to the top, and we didn't have any equiptment. I tried to climb it, but slipped and almost died. It was a trip.

It's worth it.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
lmao....Im glad to hear you're gettin out there and taking advantage of the landscape.

anychance that weed + climbing = slipping to eminent death?

lmao or was that just a fluke?

Hiei

The Hierophant
HA!

Probably just a fluke, really. But I know I don't have the experience to get to where I was. And I didn't have any equipment at all. If I had it, I probably could have gone. Just knowing how to use the stuff is half the battle, though.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Sounds like a pretty fun adventure. I love getting off trail and exploring new shit. You should post the pictures if you can.

Gadzooks

Registered Member
Oh man I love hiking. We have a lot of woods and mountains around here. I hunt as well, but sometimes end up doing more hiking than hunting even then. I spent a whole day hiking to the top of a mountain one day. I walked along it for ways, then found another way down. By the time I got back to my truck, it was already dark. It's a good thing I always keep my pack with me. Among other things, I keep 2 flashlights and a compass. I pretty much have enough in there, that if I got lost and had to spend the night in the woods, I would be fine.

Glad you had a good time. I think being in nature like that is good for the soul.