• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I was bitten by a snake today

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
A young spotted python who I have handled many times before decided to make a snack of my hand today. Bit me three times on one hand. He's only small so it was nothing to major but it did sting a bit and drew quite a lot of blood, it was a while before it stopped bleeding. I've always loved reptiles but I've never been bitten by a snake or lizard before. It's almost cool, I feel like now I've been bitten I'm a proper reptile handler or something :lol:

Dekzper

Registered Member
Wow! Well, your a proper reptile handler if it wasn't a cobra, lol! That thread title kinda spooked me! :-o I've had pet snakes before but they never bit me... yet. Maybe he just needs more food. :nod:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh you have snakes? I just love them! Even if they do bite me sometimes. You should post photos.

The speed of the strike is amazing. This snake was only small but the bite was a fraction of a second, bit my twice then a third time a little later on (he was obviously in a bad mood). As I said though a lot of blood but nothing serious.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've never known anyone who liked being bitten by an animal. I guess I can sort of understand but that is one of the many reasons I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a snake.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well I didn't exactly "like" it as you put Bliss, I mean I don't enjoy pain and blood but it didn't bother me as much as it would some people. I was sort of engrossed in the experience of seeing a snake bite up close. The sheer speed of it amazes me. Although as I said this was only a small snake so it was almost cute. He doesn't know how small he is, in his mind he's the biggest snake there is. Very cute to see the little guy acting all tough with his 'big snake' attitude.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I wasn't referring to you enjoying the pain. I was referring to when you said it was pretty cool. I can understand that many reptile handlers would say, "You're not a proper handler unless you've been bitten." And I just meant that side of things freaks me out. Because obviously it comes with the job. I'm not insulting you or anyone else that handles reptiles. Just me personally, I couldn't imagine doing it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Haha okay fair enough. You aren't alone there, I'm sure being bitten by a snake is on most peoples 'never let happen' lists.
I wish I could be a professional reptile handler one day, do informational shows and displays like that.
------
I made a mistake in my first post. It wasn't a spotted python that bit me it was a diamond python.

One of these:

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Oh man, that's just creepy. When I saw this was by you I was like "Well, that's Aussie for ya" I'm glad you're okay and it wasn't one of those crazy poisonous snakes you have over there.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh man, that's just creepy. When I saw this was by you I was like "Well, that's Aussie for ya" I'm glad you're okay and it wasn't one of those crazy poisonous snakes you have over there.
Haha yeah it is a bit Aussie, the old snake bite or two. But yes, thank goodness nothing venomous but I wasn't bitten just out in the wild. I was in a specialized reptile and fish store in my town handling the snakes they have for sale. So fairly safe. I should post a photo of my hand, there's a bunch of tiny little holes in it :lol: