i wanty amendment please

barbiegirl14

Registered Member
I believe as a United States citizen, that a new amendment should be made in order to bring back integrity, honor, trust, and loyalty to our government at both state, and national levels.

I propose very harsh punishment toward individuals working in the government who represent citizens of the United States. I believe accepting of any kind of bribery, lobbying, or even threats should be punishable by life in prison due to unpatriotism, and lieing to those you represent.

If you are chosen to represent people, it is your duty to make sure there word, thoughts, worrys, and ideas and only them are represented. If a representative is not doing this, then he is abusing or neglecting his position and should be dismissed, or jailed, depending on the affence.

I believe this would be a big step toward fixing our government system. With this can come better representation, and more motivation into making America what the citizens of America want, and not just the presidents, or governments.

This proposal would have to be a nation wide idea, with many Americans wiling to back it up. The media would have to play a big role in this, but I do not see, if the corrext strings were pulled, why this could not happen. With the nation on this ideas side, the government would have no choice but to comply, or risk a revolution.

I know this idea has obvious flaws that I fail to see. So please tell me them, then after I can see if this idea is worth keeping...

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Or we could just fire everyone in our grand 9% approval rating Congress
The individual members of Congress actually have rather high approval ratings. It's just when the makeup of Congress makes it an unworkable majority (no hope for overrides, a lame duck president in office), it goes into the shitter.

Sure, if they accomplished more their approval rating would go up. But to actually get legislation passed it would have to favor the Republicans to dodge a veto. And what use is that?

You do have to admit they still suck as a whole, I mean in the midst of all the nonsense they vote on giving themselves a pay raise?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Yeah, but that has less to do with the representatives and more with the Constitutional structure of the legislative branch and gerrymandering of congressional districts by state legislatures, neither of which they control.

barbiegirl14

Registered Member
Yeah, but that has less to do with the representatives and more with the Constitutional structure of the legislative branch and gerrymandering of congressional districts by state legislatures, neither of which they control.

I can tell your far more educated in this subject. Does this mean that you think congress itself should be changed?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I can tell your far more educated in this subject. Does this mean that you think congress itself should be changed?
To put it poetically: vile soil bears tainted fruit. I think the conduct and quality of our federal representatives are a symptom of a sickened system- and throwing them in jail doesn't punish the real corrupters.

If we want bribery and lobbying to stop being such a problem and impediment to progress, we need to stop the need for large quantities of money to crucial factor that determines electoral success. If we want Congress to stop being deadlocked, we need to examine the current districting system- in which many districts are formed to be 'safe' and there is little hope of the other party defeating them even in a 'realigning' election.

My personal take? If we want Congress to suck less, we should be using proportional allocation based on popular vote, so we don't just have two monolithic parties, and we don't have 435 popularity contests every two years- rather we have parties who can't rely on demagogues and instead actually have to fulfill the goals and ideals they are supposed to embody.

barbiegirl14

Registered Member
I honestly tried to read that. Is there anyway you can... dumb it down a little? I don't mean to be inconveiant. I really am interested in this becasue I hope to one day be in government, and I want to help.. So what I learn now could be good wisdom to use as a structure to base my choices off when/if i'm a government official.

I understand some of it.. Just toward the bottom I lose it. Please help? If not its ok lol.