Movies I want Warcraft the movie

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by BigBlue, Sep 2, 2008.

?

would you like to see them make it?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

Man I have been hoping for a warcraft movie for the longest time, anyone who has ever played warcraft 3 or world of warcraft has felt the same. Their cinematic are always amazing and i only played the campaign for WC3 for them haha. Just look,
    YouTube - WoW: WotLK Cinematic

Imagine a full length movie...

2. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

oh good god that would be intense! Blizzard has always had some nice cinematography to their cutscenes, even when the graphics were laughably pathetic. the film elements were always solid in Starcraft even if the figures looked like claymation.

3. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

Yeah they always really out a good foot forward when they did cuts. They really should make a movie becuase Warcraft is pretty much one of my favorite games of all time and the story and lore is amazing. Now the question is is should it be CG or real, and I think it should be real and it should start at warcraft 3. It Even though Arthas look like the !@#$ in the CG's I think they could really replicate that in real life.

4. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

the only issue is, video game movies have been categorical flops all through. resident evil, bloodrayne, and we still have yet to see Halo... maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea?

5. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

well it really depends on who directs it. gore Verbinski the guy who did Pirates is doing Bioshock. Maybe Chris Nolan of Batman could do it. Warcraft deserves it.

6. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

Those titles are not as wide known however and I dont think they have anywhere near the fan-base Warcraft has, maybe exeption to halo. This movie should be CG though and I am almost sure fans would be lining up to watch it, look how many die hard WOW players there are and add anyone who has ever touched warcraft, also it might appeal to people who have never even played the game if it looks good enough.

7. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

<edited sleepy post>

Despite being a big [Activision] Blizzard and Warcraft fan, I'm not really looking forward to this yet. It just never really seems to work out like it does in your mind. They are indeed great with CGI though so if any one can make craft a successful one out, they're in the pot. Let's hope for a good film that will appeal to even those outside the fan base. $100m budget isn't a bad start.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008