I want to get my windows tinted

TimmehD

Registered Member
Yes, I do, let me upload them real quick.

As you can see, I went with two different %'s and now I regret it. Looking through the back windows in direct sun will reveal only slight silhouettes inside or just a reflection and at night they're totally pitch black (At 15%). However, the tint on my front window shows pretty plainly in the day (At 35%).

Blueyes

Registered Member
Depends on where you are and how you get them done. The fron/back differentiation only really refers to 4 door vehicles down here. I only buy 2 door vehicles and in my eclipse I had 35% tint which is the legal limit in this state and it was reflective. You couldn't see in that sucker because the entire thing inside and out was black.

Now I had another vehicle that had illegal tint but because a lot of the vehicles have that one section on the rear window at the top with extra defrost crap sometimes the tint doesn't stick and if you leave that open with illegal tint down here your fine according to the cops just so long as they can see in the vehicle.

TimmehD

Registered Member
Well, I could rip the tint on the front off, clean the adhesive off real good and apply some 15% if I wanted to go through all that hassle (Which I do). The website I provided earlier sells several different packages including front tint, rear tint, back window tint, full package, so I can just buy the front two for, let me check, $24.95. Also, I bought the whole package for $74.95 now that I'm looking at the website. So, yeah, definately check it out and save yourself a ton of cash.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
I think lowest you can go normally is 27%. However they will tint as dark as you want. Always get it professionally done and check for reputable shops in your area.

I will be getting mine done this summer. Probably at 10%.

CBNJ

Registered Member
If you have an illegal tint, how much of a ticket can a cop give you if they pull you over?

TimmehD

Registered Member
I think lowest you can go normally is 27%.
Yes, it's something similar to that on the front windows and 15% on back two and the rear.
Always get it professionally done and check for reputable shops in your area.
I disagree, it's not that hard if you're willing to take about 4 hours out of your day with a friend and just get it done. THe only problem you may have is if your rear window is really curved and/or inclined (Mine is both, horribly). It will save you literally hundreds of dollars if you have a larger car.
Probably at 10%.
That's a little excessively low isn't it? I wouldn't ever go under 15% just for the fact I don't want a ticket.
------
If you have an illegal tint, how much of a ticket can a cop give you if they pull you over?
Less than $100. Besides I've had friends (One particular who has limosuine tinting) who have had window tinting for years illegally and not been pulled over. I wouldn't put too much thought into it, and I wish I hadn't been so concerned about the law.

Last edited: