I want to get my windows tinted

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
They are diff depending on where you live. I second checking with wherever you get them tinted.

They def help with privacy/sunshine. We still need to go get ours done. Here in Arizona I know we can go pretty dark on most windows.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Most states require the front and front side windows to be lighter than the back windows, which can be pretty dark. It would be awesome to be able to tint everything super dark though.

And don't do it yourself. I've seen too many bad do-it-yourself jobs to ever want to try it. (I mean unless you are experienced, which it sounds like you are not)

CBNJ

Registered Member
Yeah, I wouldn't ever think of attempting it myself. I don't wanna ruin my poor windows. How exactly do they do it, what is the process like?

TimmehD

Registered Member
Okay, finally a thread I have some idea what to say in.

If you want to tint your own windows, you can, and cheap. I recently tinted my own windows with the tint I bought from SnapTint.com. It comes precut to your specific vehicle's specifications so no cutting, that's the hard part with DIY. I got my tint for $120 or so and that's MUCH better than what I was quoted ($235). Everything arrived in perfect condition (From California to Ohio it took 2 days on basic ground shipping) and included all the tools needed. HOWEVER, just to be sure, get someone who knows what they're doing before you start. Be sure to clean the windows VERY good with baby bath wash and take your TIME, you can't redo this once it's dried so be careful.

Basically how it works is you put water under the tint and put it in place. Then you take a squegee type thing and squeeze the water out and it just dries and the adhesvie sticks. My tint looks awesome if I do say so myself. In Florida, your side and rear windows can't be below 15% and your front windows can't be below 23%. In my opinion, get 35% or maybe even 15% if you have a nice car. DO NOT go with two different %'s, keep it uniform. They very, very rarely pull you over for dark windows, they can add it to a ticket, though, but I'd take my chances.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah Timmeh is right. Go with a uniform %. I've seen cars with really dark windows on the back half and normal on the front. I can't imagine a cheesier look..