• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I want to archive my outlook PST files on a DVD like media.

sohail

I am unable to and I am running out of disk space. My outlook PST file
keeps growing and my laptop has limited free disk space. I want to
archive my old emails etc on a DVD like media. But when I do this then
outlook fails to open the file. any suggestions?

thanks!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
All you should have to do is find the archive, back it up, and then place it exactly where you found it. You might be missing a step in finding the archive, or running the file from a location that isn't where Outlook expects it to be.

gobabu

I searched internet and I found ZASystems ZAShare. Their product allows you to share PST file with other multiple users concurrently. They do not rquire any software installation in outlook or on the client. They only require you to install ZAShare and share the folder that contains PST file an they do the rest.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't trust most third party software, any details?

sohail

Thanks everyone!
i have purchased ZAShare by ZASystems and it allowss me to open the PST file that is on a DVD in outlook. Without this outlook doesn't let you because outlook always opens the PST file (archived or not) in read/write mode. After outlooks open the PST, it seems to modify the blocks even though as user you didn't make any change to PST file. This is the fundamental reason outlook didn't open the PST file that is on DVD. Now, with ZAShare I am able to it works very well.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for sharing that. I could use something similar and I might go the same route. :)

JansenZhang

you can backup your pst file to your DVD disk , and then delete the oldest mail from your current mailbox(pst file). you can get more room to use.