• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii I want mario galaxy!

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
I have not been this excited for a game for a while it has gotten great review scores and I want to play it now.

n65max

Registered Member
I have played Galaxy for a couple of hours (20 stars), and it is an amazing game. Don't ask how I got it early, because it is a secret, but except for the lower difficulty, it is everything I expected it to be.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard about the lower difficulty too and I really hope that's just the early stars. According to IGN the first half is easier but the last half gets pretty hard. I hope it's harder than Mario 64. Games shouldn't be easy to beat. When I spend a long time on a game and have to replay levels over and over and over I feel very good when I finally beat it. When a game is a "walk in the park" I ask myself why I bought it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
When a game is a "walk in the park" I ask myself why I bought it.
Wind Waker? Nintendo seems to have made a lot of their games easier over recent years. At least Metroid is still hard. Thanks Retro.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm talking about "100 Gold Coins" star on Rainbow Road type of difficulty.. That was insanely hard. There were a few others that just took ages for me to get. Hazy Maze Cave was another very hard one. It's not any fun beating a game that didn't have me yelling at it at one point. :D

n65max

Registered Member
Yeah, it might get a lot harder later on, or to collect all of the stars. But so far, there was only one level that I died on.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Ya, I've heard that the game is awesome. I never play games on low difficulties thoug. I always put them on the hardest the first time I play them . Hopefully I'll get enough money to get a wii, or even win the one in the tournament if I'm lucky.

Mario 64 is also one of my favorite games of all time. It took me quite a while to fully beat it.

Last edited:

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
I don't have a Wii so I won't be able to play this game.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
that is why they make the harder part optional. They make it so if you get all the stars you get a special treat. This will bring back gamers who want the challenge yet people who will not be able to do it have beaten the game and do not feel that frustrated.