Xbox 360 I want a 360- any cheap options?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Doc, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a 360 for a fair price? Ebay boxes go for about the same price as Gamestop and I don't trust them. I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible and still get a HDMI xbox.

2. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Don't buy from eBay stores... look for a private seller. That's just IMO.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I wouldn't buy a used xbox from any stranger. The red ring error still lurks in many of th xboxes and some of them now are out of warranty.

Only buy a used one from someone you know and trust.

5. Doc

Craigslist won't work, that's for sure. I live in the middle of nowhere.

Everyone here wants to sell their used 360s for $200+. Ridiculous prices when I can get an Elite from Gamestop for $140 and tax.

6. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not sure what the price differences are over there, but you could think about getting the Arcade version (which is the cheapest) from a store and then buying a bigger hard drive later. A friend of mine did that and saved a fair bit, but I'm not sure what size hard drive he bought. (Apparantly they're only producing the 60GB HD's now.) Just a thought since it worked out for my mate.

7. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Then get that. If you're looking for a priceless treasure, or an idiot who is going to sell theirs for a dollar I doubt you're going to find one...

8. Doc

I have a hard drive from my last 360. I sold mine to an idiot for $200 without it.

I might just suck it up and get the elite. I just didn't know if Gamestop was the cheapest option or not.

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

$140 bucks? That's ridiculously cheap. Is that used?

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd say buy a new arcade console since you already have the hard drive. With Xbox's, you want them as new as possible seeing as their failure rate is 50% and higher.