• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I think they got screwed.

Omega

Ω
I was watching the Jacksonville vs new england and near the end of the game the Jacksonville's QB was running forward and went to throw the ball and it got hit out of his hands as he throw it. They called is a fumble, I believe this should have been a incomplete pass. Did anyone else see this game? If so what are your thoughts on this matter and which team do you like better?

S

sportsaholic

Well, he got it knocked out which is enough to say it was a fumble even if he was throwing it. I din't see the play but if he is about to throw it and it gets knocked out then that should be a fumble. Its a very questionable call...

Omega

Ω
Well, he got it knocked out which is enough to say it was a fumble even if he was throwing it. I didn't see the play but if he is about to throw it and it gets knocked out then that should be a fumble. Its a very questionable call...
If a QB is throwing the ball in a forward motion and it gets knocked loose it is counts as a throw and there for it is an incomplete pass. A fumble is when a player gets hit and the ball is knocked loose. The QB was trying to pass the ball, not trying to run it.

Also I can see why you have neg rep :(

S

sportsaholic

No but they also reviewed it.

S

sportsaholic

It depends how far his am goes forward. It needs to go far enough to the point that you have conclusive evidence that he was trying to pass the ball.
They din't have that.

Omega

Ω
It depends how far his am goes forward. It needs to go far enough to the point that you have conclusive evidence that he was trying to pass the ball.
They din't have that.
I still say it was bs because it was clear as day that he was trying to pass the ball. There was a guy in front off him that he was trying to get it too. Also his arm was going forward his arm was cocked back and then it was at about a 130 Degree angle in a forward motion. I have seen just about the same play called as an incomplete pass tons of times before.