I started Italian lessons

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Had my first lesson last Thursday. I'm so excited! I'm going to be having a lesson once a week for an hour. My Auntie is teaching me and she is a qualified language teacher so they are one-on-one lessons. She is fluent in Italian, French and German. Maybe after a few years if I feel comfortable with Italian I can take up one of those other two as well.
Are there many other Italian speakers here?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Not me but I'm excited for you. I'm gonna start Spanish at some point too (part of my NY resolutions). I already have the book and my audio support has been converted for my iPod last week. I also have friends who speak it to there.

Check out if you have polyglot groups in your city where you can do language exchange for free and meet up with other learners.

Nice opportunity! I'd love to have scheduled lessons if only for the motivation to actually DO it. I'm especially envious because I always wanted to learn Italian but never got very far. Hopefully will pick it up again some day because I do love the language. La donna guida una macchina. :D

Good luck!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have studied Italian before. I have to say it's grammatical is one of the most difficult ones. It has a lot of rules and I think English is way easier [to me as a non-native English].
Though I speak Italian almost fluently, I still have a few difficulties in remembering how some words are spelled.

I wish you good luck with your studies!

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Check out if you have polyglot groups in your city where you can do language exchange for free and meet up with other learners.
This is a really good idea, I might look into it.

Also thanks guys! My first lesson went really well and I'm excited for the next one, my Auntie is a really good teacher!

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've been wanting to take Italian lessons for a long time now. I was thinking about buying Rosetta Stone. I've heard and read it is very good.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Does anyone know of any Italian language films or TV shows? I think while I am learning the language it will be good to immerse myself in it via just listening to it being spoken. I figure the best way to do this is through TV etc. Only problem is I don't really know any. I know lots of Spanish shows but no Italian ones.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Does anyone know of any Italian language films or TV shows? I think while I am learning the language it will be good to immerse myself in it via just listening to it being spoken. I figure the best way to do this is through TV etc. Only problem is I don't really know any. I know lots of Spanish shows but no Italian ones.
If you have cable TV you could watch Rai 1,2,3 - Tele 5, Rete 4 ..etc.