I Started Classes Today

Discussion in 'School' started by Scissorhands, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Registered Member

That's right. I don't know if I told you guys but I stumbled upon The Web Academy. (Google it, it's interesting.) It's a completely free distance learning thing. It's not accredited but it's more for the learning aspect rather than the proof of knowledge one. Today I had my first class in Intro to HTML/CSS. Of course, I already know HTML, so I spent most of my time there answering the questions of the classroom while the teacher was speaking over microphone. It's amazing; I don't ever remember HTML being a foreign language to me but if you have never worked with it before it can be very intimidating!

Tomorrow I have my first class in Photoshop. I have been using Photoshop for a good 5 years so I doubt I will learn anything there either. But each course is 5 weeks so I'm bound to stumble upon something.

If you are interested in Web Design (Or Graphic Design with Photoshop) I suggest you take a look at this site. Let me know what you guys think. If you enroll in the Photoshop class tonight you could be in my class tomorrow!

Jeanie likes this.

2. devnthc

devnthc Registered Member

I just registered. I'm getting a private tutoring session on Friday from W. Jason Gilmore, he's going to be my tutor from now on. Lots of money though, that's free :p. But web design/development is my passion, so I'll do whatever it takes.