I Sprained My Ankle :-(

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by dDave, Sep 20, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Well I was playing in a soccer game yesterday, it was about half way through the second half. The ball came between the guy that I was marking and me. Both of us went for the ball, While I got the ball passed to my teammate the other guys kick was slightly late, he blew a full kick right into the inside of my right foot, it hurts a lot still 24 hours later, it's weird cause everyone says that normally you'll sprain the outside of your ankle not the inside so as a result I can't move my foot almost at all.:(

I wrapped it very well with an ace bandage, it's staying in place well. I've been icing it frequently and have been going around on crutches all day, but it's getting really annoying.

I know that I'll be out for 1 1/2 weeks for sure, and I'll be visiting the training room at school on Monday after school.

Has anybody else ever sprained their ankle?

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

That sucks, Dave. I hope it heals fast.

I've sprained my ankle before. I remember it being very painful and my ankle was very swollen. I found it helped to have one of those stretchy bandages that makes itself tight when applied.

3. patkick

patkick #21

I've sprained my ankle once. It was the inside of my ankle because I landed on someones foot whilst playing basketball. Luckily I managed to fall afterwards so the ankle sprain was kinda limited. I could still walk but it hurt for like 2 days. After 5 days of inactivity, I was back on the court. Maybe I should have rehabbed it more but I never had any lingering effects from it.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

ouch, bad one man. hope it heals up soon!

most embarrassing way i ever sprained my ankle was when we were drunk and we were heading back to our friend's house. i decided to twirl the way there! so i was spinning down the road, hit a kerb and fell into a wall........

we all had a good laugh though! :p

5. leomay

leomay Registered Member

sorry to hear that ....
    take care

6. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

That's happened to me a few times.

The best thing to do is sit back and relax for a week and take it easy.

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm sorry to hear this =( Just remember to ice and elevate it whenever you are lying around.. and stay off of it as much as possible and you should be fine in no time!

8. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Sorry to hear about your injury, dave. I hope it heals fast.
    I don't recall spraining my ankle, but when I got my knee knocked I put on it a piece of cold cabbage held tightly by a bandage. As odd as it sounds it has good healing affects!

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yeah that's basketball though, you don't have to use your ankle quite as much in basketball as you do in soccer, in soccer you're constantly putting strain on your ankles, not only running bu kicking the ball and occasionally locking ankles with someone else.

My coach says that I'll be out all this week for sure, and we'll see how it's going then and I'll likely be out for longer that that:(.

10. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I've actually broken my ankle playing soccer, kinda rolled it on a ball, the foot part got all blue and swollen, worst days of my life actually. I spent 2 days in a hospital, including four weeks on crutches.

Get well soon mate. It's not an easy healing process.