Movies I severly dislike M. Night Shyamalan

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Malificus, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've liked all of his movies I've seen so far. Why don't you like his stuff?

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've hated everything he's done except Sixth Sense. His movies tend to have weak twists, like The Village. I laughed at the end of that movie to be honest.

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Imma go with Signs for why I don't like Shyamalan. Signs had a terrible twist ending. Those horrible aliens that were going to kill us all? Yeah, they looked like burn victims. They're allergic to water, and even though they're capable of interstellar travel, they can't comprehend that earth is 70% water, nor can they open a locked door. Also, it's all part of god's plan, because rain was too complex.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Signs would have been a lot better if the aliens were never actually shown. As for the village, it had an interesting twist. Unless you already knew how it ended, I don't see how you could have seen the ending coming.

I mean, it's one thing to suspect something is up, but another altogether to suspect the entire village is an experiment.

I'm not sure how he will be directing Avatar though. Does the Avatar storyline even fit within the type of films that M. Night has done?

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

No. Not in the slightest.
    ------
    Ever since 6th Sense, it always feels like he adds twists just to have them because 6th Sense did well. :\

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I haven't minded most of his movies, in fact I kept thinking he'd make another great one like The Sixth Sense, that is until Lady in the water, that movie killed all hope for me.

8. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I don't dislike him but I dislike his movies. The only movie I liked that he made was the Sixth Sense. Lady in the Water has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Six Sence was horrible in my oppinion, and I have to agree I totally dislike his movies, he hasn't done anything that his worth watching, and if he does Avatar I bet it's going to be horrible like his other movies.

10. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

He gets too much undeserved credit. His movies are mediocre at best.