I really need some help/advice/info! :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nixola, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

hello,

recently i was out driving, i was coming up to some traffic lights, i saw them turn amber and still proceeded. i think i crossed the line before they turned to red, but im really not too sure if i actually did "jump a red light" as they say. i didnt get flashed by any of the cameras. im really really worried that i am gonna get a letter through telling me i have to pay a fine or get points... i passed my test about 5 months ago. it has now been 9 days after it happend and i havnt heard anything.....how long do these things usually take?

the next day i was in my flatmates car (she was driving) and she did jump a red light and didnt seem to bothered about it :(
    i am over reacting? what are the penalties and points if i do get caught....?
    am i just worrying for nothing? some help or advice would really be appreciated,

thanks

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

You're over reacting.

If you get a ticket you get a ticket... big deal. Pay the fine and be more cautious in the future. Its generally refreshing to hear that you're concerned, however the only thing more dangerous than a person who could care less about the rules of the road is a person who over reacts to the rules of the road.

This is a non-issue until you actually get a letter in the mail.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

You're overreacting.

Drive with a bit more caution next time. If you get a ticket, too bad but not a huge deal.

4. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

You didn't get flashed so there's no problem.

Amber means you can still drive through but it's not recommended.

Be careful in future.

5. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Its a little late to worry, the deed has already happened. Prepare for a ticket and if it will cause problems plan for them.

What country did this happen? we may be able to speculate the consequence if any ticket does arrise.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

it happend in the UK. i dont really wanna prepare for a ticket to be honest, but if its gonna happen then its gonna happen. how long do u reckon i have to wait until i get anything throught he post, if anything....?

7. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

You won't get anything.

If you weren't flashed then there's no evidence of any wrong doing.

8. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

it was at night, and i didnt see any flashing, if my memory serves me right, but i was too busy concentrating on the road....

9. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

By preparing I mean ensure you save and put aside £60 just in case. Most tickets are issued anything from a 7 days to 6 months depending on the camera, the back log and the postal service. If you have had your license for less than 2 years you might want to take that little bit of extra care with the 6 point limit.

10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

yeah, dont worry. i will take extra extra care in the future. thing is the car isnt registered under my name, its under my dads name....not lookinf foward to the reaction from my parents if something does happen :(