• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Atari I own it

KannonMAK

Registered Member
I own the jaguar but I feel there is no need for an entire thread devoted to it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think you mean forum, and I agree.

The Jaguar was never really anything special. It had two 32 bit processors, so they tried to pass it off as the first 64-bit system. Most programmers didn't take advantage of the second processor, and it never lived up to it's full potential. Plus, Atari went under not long after that because of a few bombs and bad buisness decisions.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
ScubaSteve said:
I think you mean forum, and I agree.
Ah, that makes sense. I was gonna ask why the F he made a thread about owning the Jag when he didn't think there was a need for it.

And I agree, Jaguar doesn't need it's own forum.

KannonMAK

Registered Member
whoops, brain malfunction. atari's still around, but they make a few games here and there, and then you dont hear about them for years.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Actually, that's not the original company. I don't want to get into the story, but they were bought out and sold and the only thing the current Atari owns is what's left of the game producer and the name, someone else owns the rest of the assets. There was a split somewhere in the mid-late 90's.

compudoc

Registered Member
I too agree a forum should not be devoted to it. Its downfall was that the system was too hard to program for. It did have great potential but no titles as a result of the above. I blew $300 on this system I think...

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I figured an extra forum doesn't take up much space, and there are going to be the select few who care about this, so they may as well have a place to talk about it, since most people have never even seen the Jaguar.