• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I now have cancer

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’m sorry to hear this as well. I know you were wondering if this is what it was. Stay positive and optimistic and kudos to you for quitting smoking cold turkey. Keep it up. I’ll be praying for your recovery.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have lots of hope of beating this. I'm at stage 3 and I know someone that is in remission with stage 4 which had spread. The worst part is going to radiation Monday through Friday. I get tired of going so much and the radiation has burnt my esophagus so I have to take this stuff that numbs my throat so I can drink and eat. I am half way through it and I'll be glad when its over.

I took chemo today and feel surprising good. Don't even feel nauseous. However right now since I am getting radiation I'm being given a milder form of chemo. When the radiation is over they are going to give me a stronger form, which may make me nauseous, and that is when I'm going to lose all my hair. Honestly that doesn't bother me that much. I will buy a wig, maybe two.

I seem to be doing pretty good at not smoking. I have my moments that I really want one and sometimes I give in but not recently.

Impaired

Registered Member
I put a piece of scotch tape around a pack of cigarettes and carried them around for two weeks telling myself if I break the tape, I'm a smoker.

That extra bit of time where I had to decide to break or cut the tape was enough for me to pause and say, "I am not a smoker"

Let us know if we can help.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I have lung cancer. I did this to myself because I smoked for so long. Trying to quit, haven't had one in about a week now. I've been taking chemo and radiation and I hope they an get it to go into remission. Right now I'm at stage 3. Very tired all the time and have to take pain killers which makes it worse. Reason I haven't been on much.

Also I just got out of the hospital yesterday because of pneumonia. I'm doing much better, thankfully, when I went in I couldn't breath very well and was running a fever.
This is sad. My uncle almost got a a cancer scare and he means the world to me. Hope you fight through this hilander. Stay strong and prayers up 🙏

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Just saw this. :-/

Keep fighting the good fight, Hilander. You've got this and our support.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Sorry to hear about this. You must be doubly worried with the current pandemic. :(

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry to hear about this. You must be doubly worried with the current pandemic. :(
I wear a mask and hospital gloves everywhere I go. Which mostly consists of going to treatment and occasionally buying food. I get some strange looks at times but more people are doing the same. Really miss being able to go shopping or visit with people but I can't afford to get that virus. So I stay home. Most of the time I'm too tired from the radiation and chemo to want to do much anyway. Some days all I want to do is sleep.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I wear a mask and hospital gloves everywhere I go. Which mostly consists of going to treatment and occasionally buying food. I get some strange looks at times but more people are doing the same. Really miss being able to go shopping or visit with people but I can't afford to get that virus. So I stay home. Most of the time I'm too tired from the radiation and chemo to want to do much anyway. Some days all I want to do is sleep.
Yeah please stay safe. I hope you have someone who can buy groceries for you, at least during these times. I'll be praying for your recovery.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah please stay safe. I hope you have someone who can buy groceries for you, at least during these times. I'll be praying for your recovery.
Thank you for your prayers. They are very much appreciated.

My son does most of my shopping for me but sometimes I just have to go in myself. We also use a Clorox cloth on the stuff we buy. Never know who coughed on it.