• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I now have cancer

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have lung cancer. I did this to myself because I smoked for so long. Trying to quit, haven't had one in about a week now. I've been taking chemo and radiation and I hope they an get it to go into remission. Right now I'm at stage 3. Very tired all the time and have to take pain killers which makes it worse. Reason I haven't been on much.

Also I just got out of the hospital yesterday because of pneumonia. I'm doing much better, thankfully, when I went in I couldn't breath very well and was running a fever.

Impaired

Registered Member
That sucks, so sorry to hear. I hope you kick its ass.

Impaired

Registered Member
If there is anything far away people can do, let us know. Personally, I'm a computer whiz and I would be happy to help.

Cancer took both of my parents. Fuck cancer!

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope you have lots of support around you. Keep fighting, Hilander.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks Bliss and Impaired.

The radiation treatments make me so tired I don't want to do a thing but sit in front of the TV. Normally I would have to be doing something. I start chemo again Monday. Last chemo treatment was called off because of the pneumonia. I'm going to lose all my hair. I'll get a wig.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bummer, Hilander. Very sorry to hear this. I wish you good luck and hope you can beat this!

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Very best wishes for a full recovery. Mental state is very important, so try to stay optimistic. Medical weed is known for being one of the best known ways of dealing with nausea and loss of appetite due to chemo, and provided it's okay with your doctor, you might want to look into rhodiola to help with the energy drain. I use it myself and find it extremely effective in fighting fatigue and leveling energy levels throughout the day. Heavy dose vitamin C and maybe look into bioflavenoid supplements like rutine and/or bromelain. These will help your body purge itself of toxins generated by your treatment, and in the case of bromelain may help fight the cancer directly. I assume your oncologist has spoken with you about dietary changes that can help starve the cancer. With regard to quitting smoking, as Yoda says, "Do or do not, there is no try." :D

I know that lots of people like to try to give advice with trying to help fight this sort of thing, and perhaps it's not what you want to hear most right now, but it's my nature to try to attack the root of the problem so please don't mistake my response as non-empathetic. My prayers are with you.

Also, I've heard of cases where people have beaten stage 4 cancer, not just to the point of remission, but to the point of being completely cancer free. If that can and has been done, it should make it hopefully just a bit easier to maintain a positive state of mind about the fight ahead of you. You have a big heart Hilander, and that is your biggest weapon in this battle.