I need your help.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
This is for everyone. I want to write a huge history page for the forums, but I only know the GF side. I didn't post at AuctionForum when it was huge, and the whole thing just feels more genuine if everyone gets in on it.

I want it to be 100% accurate, and 100% in depth. Anything you can remember, post it. If what you remember and what someone else remembers isn't' different about something that happened, then fight it out until we have a solid story.

I'll take all of the information and write one huge history page in some kind of form, maybe even a short story. I've been meaning to do this for some time, and this is the first step. The whole process will take some time, but that's okay. I want it to be perfect.

Maybe even everything in the form of a timeline, if possible, would be great.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Thats the point. I want everyone to post what they know, whether it was already said or not.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Well, I wouldn't know as much as MJ or some of the older members. The only things I can remember are the few times people tried to flood our boards. Those events were funny as shit though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well F-C first started around 2000, we had all type of forums, EXCO Boards, EZ Boards, UBB, Board Nation, VB you name it we probably had it. The forums opened and closed a lot. The reason for that is because during those times, my computer broke down a lot, so I couldn't go on the forums for months, so when I left the forums died. Then when I got computer access again I decided to start a new one each time.

Then around two years ago I started a new one again but it was called Central Fusion. Me and Blur were admins of those forums. We were on an Exco style forum, very bad version. Then one day I just went on google, and typed DrkFusion, he was an admin on the first Fusion Central(I lost contact of him a few years before), and a site came up, and there was a contact section, so I decided to email him just to take a chance. He responded a few days later, and it was actually him. So he joined us again, and got us a domain and a vb license.

So I just started to recruit members to make the forums the best on the web, and eventually I got great members and they were helping me reaching that goal.

Then DrkFusion couldnt take care of the forums anymore so he decided to sell them, and this guy named Scooter bought them from him, and he was our admin for a while. He helped a lot in the beggining but then didn't do anything but pay for the forums(which helped a lot)

Then he couldn't take care of the forums anymore, so he decided to sell them as well, then Hybrix bought them, and eventually we merged with GF.

Now thats a short version of the story of CF/FC, but if you have any questions don't be shy to ask me.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Plus the amusing times when we had people like Lone Eagle and Orlando Tragic.......................... Oh, can't forget Fly.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I didn't post at AuctionForum when it was huge, and the whole thing just feels more genuine if everyone gets in on it.

I want it to be 100% accurate, and 100% in depth. Anything you can remember, post it.
AuctionForum, aka. "The Unobvious and Unofficial Babysitting Forum" was a place where no one was allowed to use swearwords, apparently because the mere usage of them somehow caused fights in the past. Even words in reference to reality TV show personalities and MADE UP swears that nobody but the speaker understood were outlawed. People were actually banned because of these things. I defy anyone to find a more ridiculous reason for a banning ANYWHERE on the net. In otherwords, it was 100% oversensitivity.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
AuctionForum, aka. "The Unobvious and Unofficial Babysitting Forum" was a place where no one was allowed to use swearwords, apparently because the mere usage of them somehow caused fights in the past. Even words in reference to reality TV show personalities and MADE UP swears that nobody but the speaker understood were outlawed. People were actually banned because of these things. I defy anyone to find a more ridiculous reason for a banning ANYWHERE on the net. In otherwords, it was 100% oversensitivity.
it had to be, remember kids also use Ebay (and other auction sites) so we had to be 'overreactive'

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I remeber the trolls very well, Brian McKnigh, Fly and his tons of aliases. Who else was there? Orlando Tragic.