I Need Your Help

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
I didn't want to put this in the music section for fear that it might get buried. This weekend my youngest son's school is having their annual fun fair. The kids that will be there range in age from 5 to 15 years old. I've been given the unenviable task of providing music that needs to last over four hours. They're specifically looking for dance music.

The rub is that because this is a Catholic school and young kids will be in attendance, the lyrical content of the music must be pretty tame. I could blast them with a shit load of dance music I'm familiar with from the 70's and 80's, but I'd preferr to include as much current music as possible. I guess I'm out of the loop in regards to today's music being an old classic rock and metal head myself. I need some suggestions on songs to download for the fair that are upbeat, yet tame. Please include the title and artist with your suggestions so I can find them easily.

Thanks all, you guys rock!

Hoosier.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Xpander Edit by DJ Sasha.

Sandstorm by Darude.

One More Time by Daft Punk.

Seriously, go techno. There are tons of techno songs without lyrics whatsoever.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See I am more of an 80's guy and I could give you tons of good 80's songs, but I don't think that age group would like that kind of music. But here's a few songs that they might like:

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Beatles - Twist and Shout
Cindy Lauper - Girls want to have fun
Oasis - Wonderwall
New Kids on the Block- Step by Step
Def Leppard - Pour some sugar on me
Bon Jovi - Living on a prayer
Nelly Furtado feat. Timbaland - Promiscious
Justin Timberlake- What comes around goes around
Usher Feat. Lil Jon and Ludacris - Yeah
Queen - We will rock you
Joan Jett - I love Rock and Roll
Kiss - I want to rock and roll all night
R Kelly feat. Wisin and Yandell - Burn it up
Queen - Another one bites the dust
Pretty Ricky feat. Pitbull - Everybody get up
Michael Jackson - Beat it
Michael Jackson - You rock my world
Labouche- Wanna be my lover
Labouche - Rhythym of the Night
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Ginuwine- Pony
Eddy Murphy - Party all the time
Culture Beat- Mr. Vain
Cory Hart- I wear my sunglasses at night
Cascade - Everytime we touch
Amber - This your night
ACDC - Shook me all night long
Craig David- Fill me in

There hopfully this helps.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Electric Slide has always shown in dances. It's an easy song that gets everybody involved. I can't really think of a mainstream dance song that isn't rap or isn't dirty. I guess techno is the way to go if you want clean.

Can't Stop by Red Hot Chili Peppers is a good non-techno song that is dancable.

I fullheartedly second what Himeko said about techno! Techno is awsome for dancing and a lot of it doesn't have any lyrics at all...so how could the content be questionable? hehe

Hinata

La Coquette
If you are wanting some good songs with a good lyrical content.. I'd have to agree that techno will be good... but here are some songs that I like as well!

Cascada- Everytime we touch
Darude- Feel the Beat
Dee Roberts- I Believe
DJ Encore- I see right through to you
DJ Sammy- Heaven (techno version)
Amber- This is your Night
Gnarls Barkley- Crazy
Gwen Stefani- Sweet Escape
Gwen Stefani- Wind It Up
Weezer- Beverly Hills
Sonique- It Feels so Good
Sean Paul ft. Keyshia Cole- Give it Up to me
Rhianna- SOS
Rhianna- Pon de Replay
Neyo- Because of You
Nelly Furtado- Say it Right
Madonna- Hung Up
Madonna- Jump
Kontakt- Show Me A Sign
Gym Class Heroes- Cupid's Chokehold
Akon- Don't Matter
Give it to me- Timberland, N Furtado and J Timberlake (edited)
Girlfriend- Avril Lavigne
Usher- Yeah
Usher- You don't have to call

ooh if you give me a few more hours I can come up with more but Id have to see what's popular songs in your area! Heck ask your kids what they like to listen to they may be helpful as well... That is if your kids are around 7-11 they may have a preference of songs... and ooh you usually can't go wrong with songs from like Disney people or movies
EXAMPLES.... Cheetah Girls, High School Musical(movie soundtrack), Jump In(movie soundtrack) Hannah Montana.. hehe

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Then how would it be possible to headbang to rock if it didn't have a beat?
I didn't say impossible. I can't imagine a crowd of 5-11 year olds headbanging for 1-2 hours out on the dance floor. ow.....

To me, rock songs are better for the stage (like in a concert). Dance songs (like rap) are better for the dance floor, but that's not an option.

sorry for the :eek:fftopic: