I Need Your Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hoosier_Daddy, May 7, 2007.

1. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I didn't want to put this in the music section for fear that it might get buried. This weekend my youngest son's school is having their annual fun fair. The kids that will be there range in age from 5 to 15 years old. I've been given the unenviable task of providing music that needs to last over four hours. They're specifically looking for dance music.

The rub is that because this is a Catholic school and young kids will be in attendance, the lyrical content of the music must be pretty tame. I could blast them with a shit load of dance music I'm familiar with from the 70's and 80's, but I'd preferr to include as much current music as possible. I guess I'm out of the loop in regards to today's music being an old classic rock and metal head myself. I need some suggestions on songs to download for the fair that are upbeat, yet tame. Please include the title and artist with your suggestions so I can find them easily.

Thanks all, you guys rock!

Hoosier.

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Xpander Edit by DJ Sasha.

Sandstorm by Darude.

One More Time by Daft Punk.

Seriously, go techno. There are tons of techno songs without lyrics whatsoever.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

See I am more of an 80's guy and I could give you tons of good 80's songs, but I don't think that age group would like that kind of music. But here's a few songs that they might like:

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
    Beatles - Twist and Shout
    Cindy Lauper - Girls want to have fun
    Oasis - Wonderwall
    New Kids on the Block- Step by Step
    Def Leppard - Pour some sugar on me
    Bon Jovi - Living on a prayer
    Nelly Furtado feat. Timbaland - Promiscious
    Justin Timberlake- What comes around goes around
    Usher Feat. Lil Jon and Ludacris - Yeah
    Queen - We will rock you
    Joan Jett - I love Rock and Roll
    Kiss - I want to rock and roll all night
    R Kelly feat. Wisin and Yandell - Burn it up
    Queen - Another one bites the dust
    Pretty Ricky feat. Pitbull - Everybody get up
    Michael Jackson - Beat it
    Michael Jackson - You rock my world
    Labouche- Wanna be my lover
    Labouche - Rhythym of the Night
    Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
    Ginuwine- Pony
    Eddy Murphy - Party all the time
    Culture Beat- Mr. Vain
    Cory Hart- I wear my sunglasses at night
    Cascade - Everytime we touch
    Amber - This your night
    ACDC - Shook me all night long
    Craig David- Fill me in

There hopfully this helps.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Definately not Promiscuous. Not with that age group. "Momma... What's promiscisuous?"

Pitbull?! Are you crazy? http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLoynEBLUxg If I'm not mistaken, that song is about a guy wanting to eat out a girl. <.<; I'm not going to even check out the one with Pretty Ricky.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Electric Slide has always shown in dances. It's an easy song that gets everybody involved. I can't really think of a mainstream dance song that isn't rap or isn't dirty. I guess techno is the way to go if you want clean.

6. wyldesykosis

wyldesykosis Feral

Can't Stop by Red Hot Chili Peppers is a good non-techno song that is dancable.

I fullheartedly second what Himeko said about techno! Techno is awsome for dancing and a lot of it doesn't have any lyrics at all...so how could the content be questionable? hehe

7. Hinata

Hinata La Coquette

If you are wanting some good songs with a good lyrical content.. I'd have to agree that techno will be good... but here are some songs that I like as well!

Cascada- Everytime we touch
    Darude- Feel the Beat
    Dee Roberts- I Believe
    DJ Encore- I see right through to you
    DJ Sammy- Heaven (techno version)
    Amber- This is your Night
    Gnarls Barkley- Crazy
    Gwen Stefani- Sweet Escape
    Gwen Stefani- Wind It Up
    Weezer- Beverly Hills
    Sonique- It Feels so Good
    Sean Paul ft. Keyshia Cole- Give it Up to me
    Rhianna- SOS
    Rhianna- Pon de Replay
    Neyo- Because of You
    Nelly Furtado- Say it Right
    Madonna- Hung Up
    Madonna- Jump
    Kontakt- Show Me A Sign
    Gym Class Heroes- Cupid's Chokehold
    Akon- Don't Matter
    Give it to me- Timberland, N Furtado and J Timberlake (edited)
    Girlfriend- Avril Lavigne
    Usher- Yeah
    Usher- You don't have to call

ooh if you give me a few more hours I can come up with more but Id have to see what's popular songs in your area! Heck ask your kids what they like to listen to they may be helpful as well... That is if your kids are around 7-11 they may have a preference of songs... and ooh you usually can't go wrong with songs from like Disney people or movies
    EXAMPLES.... Cheetah Girls, High School Musical(movie soundtrack), Jump In(movie soundtrack) Hannah Montana.. hehe

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

But I find rock songs really hard to dance to. They hardly ever have a clear beat.

9. wyldesykosis

wyldesykosis Feral

Then how would it be possible to headbang to rock if it didn't have a beat?

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I didn't say impossible. I can't imagine a crowd of 5-11 year olds headbanging for 1-2 hours out on the dance floor. ow.....

To me, rock songs are better for the stage (like in a concert). Dance songs (like rap) are better for the dance floor, but that's not an option.

sorry for the :eek:fftopic: