I need some advice

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by MasterChad, Aug 20, 2007.

1. MasterChad

MasterChad Registered Member

My friends told me that i might be a future alcoholic if i dont stop getting drunk...

And i drink to dull the pains of my life, school is starting tomorrow and more stress with start

I dont have a car or a job but i been looking for a job for the past month....

My sister... has a car and hasnt had a job for 4 months and has never paid for car insurance... plus she isnt even looking for a job...

Alot of thoughts are eatting me away from the inside and i was wondering if anyone has some advice?

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

is there a counselor you can talk to?

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

First, I'd try to let off on the alcohol and maybe talk to someone at your school like a counselor as Jeanie mentioned.

4. MasterChad

I've been two counselor's... didnt really help...

It seemed like they just didnt get the picture

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

There's no such thing as "drinking your problems away."

You're simply drinking your problems, which in turn, eat away at you from the inside. Nothing is being put away, it's only being delayed. You have to find the courage needed to drive forth! Life is scary, stressful, and intimidating, yes, but there are no answers at the bottom of a bottle. If anything, you simply forget about them for awhile and that's it.

People who run from their problems also hide from their solutions.

Find an out to help ween you away from alcohol if you decide to tone it down. Take a look at your drinking and ask yourself if you seem like an alcoholic, review yourself so to say. Talk with your best friend(s), get their input.

Take a breath and calm down. Not with drugs, but just take some deep breaths, maybe read a book, do something that isn't drugs that helps calm you down. When you feel like you've gotten some stress eliminated, then map out your plan of attack, whatever it may be.

6. MasterChad

3 hours of happiness is better then no happiness.....

my dad treats me as a 'Free labor source' and treats my sister like a queen

7. Merc

It's not about your sister though, don't make it about her.

Keep looking for a job, you may not be trying as hard as you can. If you really want to get a job, a car, money, etc, you'll try as hard as possible. That way, you can earn some money and be proud, not be a "free labor source" and be a bit independent.

Also, since you do live in your father's house, he sort of has the right to get some free labor out of you.

8. MasterChad

you make my dad seem like a hero........

The last time i had father and son time was 5-6 years ago...
    If he comes home with attitude he takes it out on me....

9. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

How old are you , Chad?

Hoosier.

10. Merc

How do I make your father sound like a hero by saying you live in his house?