• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I need help with my wifi

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.

So last night I was playing poker on this site. I got disconnected, so I reset the router and got back on. I was disconnected 3 more times, each time resetting the router.

My network was secure, and it had it's own name. Now, it says that it's unsecured, and when I look at it from the connect to wifi list, it is now named as linksys. When I plug into the router directly, the named connection comes up automatically, but still says unsecured linksys on the wifi connection list.

It's been awhile since I set up the router and secured it, do I have to do all of that again? Or is there some kind of other easy fix to get it to recognize it again?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
From my past experiences you have to do it all over again. it's better to be safe than sorry and have your signal jacked.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I was afraid of that. I don't remember how to do it.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
You might need to call your ISP Helpless desk and have them guide you through it. That's what I had to do.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I know I did it myself the previous 2 times I had done it. I wish I had saved the web instructions that I used before. I didn't think I would have to set it up again.
------
Fixed.

Special thanks to Smelnick <3

Last edited: