• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I need an answer fast..about this late credit bill!!

Ebonnie

Ok lets see am new here and am 19 years old with a credit card..so it sounds bad enough from the start but you should have seen my face when I got a credit card...very happy. But my limit was $600.00 and I spent it all (I was working at the time but quit after) and I spent all money on business ideas and things that would go with it...dumb idea so I have this new job am starting sometime this week and it only pays bi-weekly but my bill is due in 2 weeks and they charged me an extra $100 and I have nothing to give them.

Whats going to happen? Are they going to take my credit card away? And I can never get one again from them? Or is it worse:( .......please tell me so I can be prepared for the worse.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Well if you are late one time with a payment, you will get charged a late fee, which is probably around $35.00 and you may end up with a higher interest rate.

taiarain

Registered Member
Who charged you an extra hundred and why? Have you already been late on this card once? You don't have to be late on this next payment. With a $600 balance, your minimum should be very manageable. Add in your youth and not having children or obvious disabilities and you're in good shape. There are a few things you can try:

Check your area for day labor jobs.
Do you have any textbooks or books you can resell?
Do you know anybody that cleans houses? See if you can tagalong for a portion of the fee.
Get a part-time job delivering pizzas. You won't get paid right away, but have the potential to earn your minimum payment in tips immediately.

katharina

Registered Member
only pays bi-weekly but my bill is due in 2 weeks and they charged me an extra $100 and I have nothing to give them.
Whats going to happen? Are they going to take my credit card away? And I can never get one again from them? Or is it worse:( .......please tell me so I can be prepared for the worse.
Where did that extra $100 come from? That's more than a late fee would be... is it an annual charge or something? If so, the first thing I'd do is to get rid of the card when it's paid off. Okay, so a $600 balance should just have a minimum due of $20 or so, right? The way to not let it turn into a problem is to make sure that when you start paying it off, don't keep building up the balance in the meantime. Pay the minimum until you're established in the new job, but then put more on the card when you can so that the interest charges don't start stealing your money even more. Good luck!

Ebonnie

Thanks, I got my card from Bank of America...they did charge me extra because I was late so its really hundred and something extra. But I do have a job now I just have to wait to get paid I heard we may get payed this week even though its bi-weekly pay since were new.

I will never use that card again unless I have to. And what I mean higher and higher will they keep charging me more money then I owe them? And do they ever shut down cards?

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
As long as the card carries a balance, they will not close the account unless they decide that they will never receive payment from you. If you have a habit of paying late or not paying at all then they may, at their discretion, deactivate the card so that you can't use it anymore. But they rarely ever just close accounts, but they do sometimes deactivate the card.

As long as you make payments on the card, they will continue to keep you as a card member. They want you to carry a balance, because that makes them more money.

katharina

Registered Member
Thanks, I got my card from Bank of America...they did charge me extra because I was late so its really hundred and something extra. But I do have a job now I just have to wait to get paid I heard we may get payed this week even though its bi-weekly pay since were new.
I hope this works out well for you, Ebonnie, and that you can get on the right track with payments for your credit card bill.

Penguin

Registered Member
Taking your credit card away and you can "never get one again from them" is NOT a bad thing, actually. Apparently you are learning the hard way about handling credit - the best way to handle it is to NOT have it!

You will need to pay it off as quickly as possible and quit using it. If you "must" have a card - try a debit card. It is linked to your bank account and you can only use what you actually *have*. Much better than credit.