• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I need advice PRONTO mo fuckas!

Scissorhands

Registered Member
I sooooooooo want that in my sig. Why can I only put a picture in mine and not text?
I'd be honored to be in your sig!

Haha, it wasn't the jerking off I was worried about, it was the diet, smoking etc. If you hate it then why don't you try change? You would be surprised what something like changing your diet would do for you. Add a few healthy meals a week and you may start to feel better about yourself. It's been reported time and time again that eating well doesn't only effect your health but can alter peoples moods and make them feel good in day-to-day life.
Well, for one I can not afford it. I literally live off of dollar burgers from McDonalds, Sonic, and Whataburger. As well as the dollar< menu at Taco Bell. Maybe once every two weeks do I have an actual small meal that is cooked and all. Even then, it is very unhealthy.

When I or my mother is hungry, it is a lot more convenient and cheap to go get 2 or 3 dollar burgers than to prepare a meal. =/ It really does suck. But it is what it is.

I would like to eat better, but life does not permit right now. I gotta take what I can get.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Order a McChicken one time with swiss cheese, tomato and ranch sauce on it, and see what you think. It comes out to about a buck and a half and makes a nice change from the greaseball McDoubles.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
Well, my usual order from MCD's is 2 double cheeseburgers and a McChicken. No pickles on the doubles.

You say it makes a nice change.. but is it any more healthy?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well, for one I can not afford it. I literally live off of dollar burgers from McDonalds, Sonic, and Whataburger. As well as the dollar< menu at Taco Bell. Maybe once every two weeks do I have an actual small meal that is cooked and all. Even then, it is very unhealthy.

When I or my mother is hungry, it is a lot more convenient and cheap to go get 2 or 3 dollar burgers than to prepare a meal. =/ It really does suck. But it is what it is.

I would like to eat better, but life does not permit right now. I gotta take what I can get.
That really sucks man, I hope you will be able to afford better food in the future. When I watched documentaries like Food Inc and Jamies Food Revolution I saw the same thing over and over. People were becoming obese, contracting diabetes and generally were really unwell just because they couldn't afford healthy food. Healthy food is available here for quite cheap so I'm lucky, but it seems different in the US.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
That really sucks man, I hope you will be able to afford better food in the future. When I watched documentaries like Food Inc and Jamies Food Revolution I saw the same thing over and over. People were becoming obese, contracting diabetes and generally were really unwell just because they couldn't afford healthy food. Healthy food is available here for quite cheap so I'm lucky, but it seems different in the US.
I hope I will, as well. I hope to one day lead a normal life style. But at this point it doesn't seem like it will ever happen. I want to cook things that are actually good for me and have real meals with my family/friends. But that's not where my life has taken me.

I've lived like this for some 3+ years now and it doesn't seem to be changing any time soon. But I'm trying damn hard.

Somehow, though, I don't get obese! I'm a constant 145-150, no matter what.

Starfire86

Registered Member
You could always try going to a food shelf. I do it because it's just impossible to live on minimum wage anymore.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
You probably have a high metabolism. People with high metabolic rates can eat heaps of high fat food and not actually put on weight. This is still bad though, it often lures people into a false sense of security. Even though it isn't visible on your body that much junk food is still doing to be doing some damage to your body, which will only get worse in time. There is bound to be some cheap/good food somewhere in the US. I don't live there so I don't really have any suggestions. Maybe someone else on this forum can help. It seems strange to me that there can be a whole developed country in the Western world where the is no affordable good food.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
You could always try going to a food shelf. I do it because it's just impossible to live on minimum wage anymore.
It's a complicated situation.

I don't enjoy being unhealthy. I feel it in my skin and bones. I feel it when I go to sleep and when I wake up. It's a very uncomfortable feeling. You KNOW when you are unhealthy.

But, I don't have the self discipline/motivation to actually put forth the effort to live better. If I had the money, I definitely would. But I do community service hours at a food bank and everything they distribute seems disgusting and very muchly so NOT worth my time to go up and try to attain.

If I ever have the money to live healthier, I shall. But if I do not, my character will never allow me to spend time, rather than money, to try to do so.
------
You probably have a high metabolism. People with high metabolic rates can eat heaps of high fat food and not actually put on weight. This is still bad though, it often lures people into a false sense of security. Even though it isn't visible on your body that much junk food is still doing to be doing some damage to your body, which will only get worse in time. There is bound to be some cheap/good food somewhere in the US. I don't live there so I don't really have any suggestions. Maybe someone else on this forum can help. It seems strange to me that there can be a whole developed country in the Western world where the is no affordable good food.
Let us start a new topic somewhere else? Since this is an actual conversation and I need the posts to get to 500!

Last edited:

Starfire86

Registered Member
But I do community service hours at a food bank and everything they distribute seems disgusting and very muchly so NOT worth my time to go up and try to attain.
Oh, that's too bad then. The one I go to has a lot of healthy food, and in the summer they give out a lot of fruits and vegetables.