• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I need a new hobby

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I feel like I am in serious need of a new hobby, other than GF, which I love and find very stimulating.

I already read, which is an every day hobby. I also have a once in a while kind of hobby with my scuba diving. What I am looking for is something I can maybe do once a week, or even once a month, just to get a bit of stimulation other than being on a computer or in front of the TV too much.

So far, I've thought of maybe doing cooking lessons? Maybe something artistic like art classes? Any suggestions?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to want to take belly dancing lessons. I thought it would be a great way to get in shape and lose weight. That might not interest you but some type of craft might be good like macrame. I use to do that, made a purse, plant hangers and other neat stuff.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Making art can be very fun and therapeutic, so that's always a good hobby to try. You don't have to be particularly skilled as the joy is in the doing of it. Maybe start with a sketch pad and try drawing what you see in your immediate environment. Or, better yet, get out of the house, go for a walk, and find cool things you'd like to draw... and draw them!

Just my two cents worth anyways. :cool:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Gaming is a good hobby, and I know you are wanting to start that soon.

Art's good, reading books, comics etc is also good to pass the time. Sport could be good as well maybe.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
As of late, I've been putting together a model airplane. I don't know if you're interested in things involving construction, but this here is a start, I hope.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
These are all some really great ideas. Thanks everyone. I think I should dabble in all these at least a couple of times to see what sticks and what I enjoy doing the most. Or maybe which is the least expensive. :lol:

danwiz

Registered Member
I looked at your public profile, but there is no location listed. If you live near mountains or large hills you could get out and climb/hike one or 2 days a week. Good for health, can see amazing flowers - at least in the proper season, might see some wildlife and so on - and seeing those types of things may entice you to also take up some photography!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I looked at your public profile, but there is no location listed. If you live near mountains or large hills you could get out and climb/hike one or 2 days a week. Good for health, can see amazing flowers - at least in the proper season, might see some wildlife and so on - and seeing those types of things may entice you to also take up some photography!
Thank you danwiz. I am in Johannesburg, South Africa, so in the city. Hiking isn't really my thing so much, although half day trips wouldn't be out of the question entirely. I do like the photography idea, but my dad does that as a hobby and I know how expensive a hobby that can become. I am not looking to spend too much money, just find a new pass time.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
People already said crafts, which is usually my go to hobby so I thought of another one. Volunteer! Its 9/10 times free and it can be very rewarding. Put aside a day of the week to just go out and volunteer. You might find some organizations you really like.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Thanks Cait. I already do volunteer work at an Aids Orphanage whenever I can. I used to be a lot more constant in this than I am now, so it might be a possibility to get back in to more regular work there.

Thanks for everyones suggestions so far.