I need a new car

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by pro2A, Aug 13, 2007.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I need to buy a vehicle that is reliable (mechanically and by reputation), under $5grand and isn't going to bend me over and do me on gas. Preferably a newer model 97’ or later. It needs to have room for at a minimum 2 adults and 2 kids. It has to be some kind of van, SUV, jeep or truck. I need a larger vehicle for my one job. Ideas on what I could look at? I’m having a hard time finding something.

2. CamelPepper

CamelPepper Registered Member

A large vehicle such as it has to be able to carry lumber sized whatever? I was going to suggest a full size sedan, but if you need an SUV go for something like a Toyota Matrix. They have the same interior cargo space as a Jimmy/Blazer and get 36+ mpg.

3. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

How about checking out an 97 Yukon on for an SUV type, it's a perfect family car and my mom owns one from experience. My mom has the short verison but for your job I suggest you go and try to find the long verison in either the Yukon, Surburban, or Tahoe.l For a truck I suggest a late model Chev with a long cab, the name of the truck I'm talking about is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember it at the moment.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

the Saturn Vue gets pretty good mileage for an SUV.

5. MasterChad

MasterChad Registered Member

Arent there good jeeps that you can get with good mpg?

6. Spartan

Spartan Guest

did u say a new car for 5 grand im not sure what world you live in lol :) im looking for my first car and it looks like minimum ive seen is a Aveo (New) for 10 grand

7. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

They say reading is fundamental. Pro said "newer model."

Hoosier.

8. jtur88

jtur88 Guest

Look around for a Toyota Previa. They are hard to find, but if you do, you're virtually set for life. They are bullet-proof. Gas mileage is disappointing (low 20's highway). Mine is a '93,, with 220K on the clock, and if I had to drive to Alaska, I'd just gas up and go.