• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I miss 'System of a Down'

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
As a unit they rocked like the best of them. Clever, remarkably powerful music that really seemed to get me in a good mood - not necessarily because of the content, but because of the hyperactive tone of it all. I'm pretty melancholic now, I miss them.

Anyway. Who else like this band and misses them now that they have disbanded? Perhaps if they were together now they could have created some truly awesome and infecting music?!?!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I love SOAD. Steal This Album is my favorite. Serj has a fairly new (within the last year or so) album out but I haven't heard much of it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I actually don't miss them. They were kind of stale to me...

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely one of my favorite rock bands of all-time...top 5 no doubt.

I have every CD they ever made. I hope they get back together someday.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I love SOAD. Steal This Album is my favorite. Serj has a fairly new (within the last year or so) album out but I haven't heard much of it.
It's called Elect the Dead. I saw him live, yet he just wasn't like he was in SOAD. There are a few decent songs on it, but nothing like on Steal this Album, or any other album by SOAD...

Particular likes from SOAD --- Although I like them all.
Innervision
Tentative
Soil
Toxicity
Atwa
Sad Statue
Chop Suey
Soldier Side
Lost in Hollywood
Patterns
Highway Song
This cocaine makes me feel like I'm on this song

and many more. Yours?

---

Also, if you wish to know... there's a band called 'Scars on Broadway' fronted by Daron Malakian, another SOAD member. He was the shaven guy on the guitar and occasionally did the vocals -- Freaky looking bloke, but cool as they get. Although his music isn't that good, quite ridiculous actually. It's a shame.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I love Chop Suey

also Innervision
Boom
Fuck The System
IEAIAIO
B.Y.O.B.

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, so SOAD are actually getting back together for a few performances. I know they're playing at next years Download festival here in the UK. I hope that's a sign that they will be making some more music and putting out an album.

Favourite songs are Aerials and the first tune I ever heard by SOAD...Know.

Oh, and I actually quite like Scars of Broadway. They Say is an awesome song, enough to make me go buy their album.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Yeah, so SOAD are actually getting back together for a few performances. I know they're playing at next years Download festival here in the UK. I hope that's a sign that they will be making some more music and putting out an album.

Favourite songs are Aerials and the first tune I ever heard by SOAD...Know.

Oh, and I actually quite like Scars of Broadway. They Say is an awesome song, enough to make me go buy their album.
Awesome. I frigging love download. Castle Donington (Where it's held) is more or less down the road from where I live, so getting to there to see them will be no problem. Thanks for that, looks like I'm camping in June.

Impact

V.I.P.
Awesome. I frigging love download. Castle Donington (Where it's held) is more or less down the road from where I live, so getting to there to see them will be no problem. Thanks for that, looks like I'm camping in June.
Yeah, download looks epic. I am trying my hardest to make it next year...SOAD and Avenged Sevenfold headlining with Linkin Park (assuming they play their old stuff). The line up can only get better.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Yeah, download looks epic. I am trying my hardest to make it next year...SOAD and Avenged Sevenfold headlining with Linkin Park (assuming they play their old stuff). The line up can only get better.
I'm saving up for it as soon as crimbo is over with. It'll be biblical.

Serious thanks and kudos for bringing this to my attention.