Xbox 360 I might have to get Halo 3...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Major, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Let me know when you get it.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Ditto, we tore up some Halo 2.

4. Relinquished

Relinquished Registered Member

Woo Halo 3 is amazing. The only possibilities are freaking amazing.. and this is coming from one who was very dubious to join the craze og online gaming. Can't say I'll be entering the MLG but I love the game, anything from a muck-about Custom Game with just friends to serious ranked Matches.

Btw I'm not too shabby, Rank 37 Major 282 Experience!

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What is the MLG Playlist? I've never heard of this..

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Heh, you might get a hint if you just click the link ya lazy bastard.

:D

7. Swiftstrike

Major League Gaming. Really competitive a lot of money tournaments and circuits are run by them.

I thought I was good at Halo 2 until I entered a tournament with my friends and we advanced one round and got stomped...

I am a level 47 in Halo 3 and I still dont think I can compete in an MLG tournament very well. (sidenote the max level you can attain is 50)

The MLG playlist will be ideal for those who are practicing for tournaments and looking for extremely competitive play.

Personally I was never a big fan of MLG settings since the only playlist I really like is Slayer. I dont like most of the objective gametypes in Halo.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

But I did click... I just didn't feel like reading up on everything. I figured a quick question would work wonders. That being said, thanks Swift. :)

I don't think I'd like tournament based Halo unless it was free for all. Either that or unless I had a long time to practice with my team.

I actually played in a Halo 1 tournament for a free copy of Halo 2 on the night before it came out (at midnight). I thought I had a good chance considering that I used to play about 1-2 hours a day back then but there are some crazy people out there. The guy who won had to have been about 13 and he dominated.

9. Swiftstrike

Yeah I use to play all the time with the same 4 or 5 people on live we even try to get together once in awhile and set up in the same room to play together. We think we are good but we all know we aren't cohesive enough to compete in a big tournament.

FFA tournaments have way too many variables in them but there are tournaments for them. FFA in Halo 3 already frustrates me to know end. I can't imagine playing in a FFA tournament and doing anywhere near as well.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

You actually went to an MLG tournament? Which one?

But yeah, those guys are crazy good. I'll never be able to compete with them, but I like the settings they use.