• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I Might Get A Dog Soon

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I might be getting a dog soon but I live in an apartment complex and I need to come up with a $400 security deposit, then I will go to a place down the street that as an pet adoption day (once a week I think).

Once I get the $400 saved then I will get my dog and pay the deposit and the pet requirements are the dog must weigh no more than 30lbs and it must be a small dog.

ColonelHansLanda

Registered Member
I think having a dog is one of the best things in the world. I love mine more than I could ever explain. Any particular breed you're interested in?

Hiei

The Hierophant
That's awesome news!

Have you ever had a dog before? Do you know what kind of dog you want to get? Do you have the time, money, and energy that it takes to properly take care of a dog? How far as your apartment off the ground floor for when you have to take him or her for a walk? Do you have any idea how to train a dog? Are you going to get a puppy or rescue an older dog? Do you have kids that the dog might have problems with?

There's tons of things to consider before you get a pet of any kind. Make sure that this isn't just some spur of the moment thing that you're deciding here. If you do go to the shelter and you find a dog that you think you want, you should tell the shelter to hold on to him for another week and come in periodically to visit the dog before you bring him home. You should probably get some food, a dish, a collar, a leash, a kennel, a toy, and some treats to help train him before you bring him home as well.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I think having a dog is one of the best things in the world. I love mine more than I could ever explain. Any particular breed you're interested in?
Well not a real real small dog like a dachshund, I will see what the adopt a pet place has when I go there and I may have to make several trips before I find my dog.

Have you ever had a dog before?
Yep

Do you know what kind of dog you want to get?
I will wait to see what the adopt a pet place has.

Do you have the time, money, and energy that it takes to properly take care of a dog?
yep I sure do

How far as your apartment off the ground floor for when you have to take him or her for a walk?
I am on the first floor.

Do you have any idea how to train a dog?
I have trained many dogs before

Are you going to get a puppy or rescue an older dog?
A puppy of course, house trained if possible

Do you have kids that the dog might have problems with?
I am single with no kids

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
lol. Awesome!
Once you get the dog, hope you share some pictures with us :)

ATARIGUY

Beermister
My niece has a Pomeranian names Punky and my best friend has 2 Boston Terriers one named Keshka and they adopted the second one recently but I can't remember its name.

Anyone got any ideas for a good name for a dog can be a boy or girl doesn't matter to me as I just want a dog ???

Attachments

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
How cool hehe, I want a dog someday as well. I wouldn't mind a dog like the one in Frasier, or the german shepherds, they're real neat hehe.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
How cool hehe, I want a dog someday as well. I wouldn't mind a dog like the one in Frasier, or the german shepherds, they're real neat hehe.
yeah, a Jack Russel terrier? I wouldn't recommend one of those to anyone except the most experienced. The reason that particular dog was on Frasier was because he was too high-energy for the family that had him, and they gave him to the trainer who put him on TV.

I always get older dogs from the shelter because I don't have a lot to offer them except a better option than being at the shelter.

I love dogginses. Good luck Atariguy

Sorrel

Registered Member
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but have you also thought about going away for holidays and weekends, and going out in the evening?

Holidays would mean somebody else looking after the dog or putting him in a kennel for a couple of weeks, which is not cheap.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That is great news Atariguy. I am sure you will be an awesome dog-owner. Dante is the love of my life and is the one thing that never fails to make me happy!! You will be very happy with what ever dog you choose.

Any terrier should make for a good dog, they have amazing personalities. I would recommend reading a bit more about which ever breed you choose in the end. That can be very useful in owning a dog. I learned a lot about Yorkies through TV shows and the internet that helped me understand Dante that much better!!

Enjoy and hope to see pix real soon!! ;)