I Love You!

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by kiwi, Aug 29, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

How often do you say it? How often do you hear it? Does it matter? Is it important to tell people or is showing them by actions enough?

I tell Knyte and all my children individually that I love them at least once a day. Even though I try very hard to back up my words with my actions, I want them to hear it as well.

I also try to remember and tell our parents I love them at least once a month.

2. agphoenix

agphoenix Everything goes.

That IS a really beautiful thing to do. Thank you. It restores a certain amount of hope!

As for the questions: I say it too much, and I hear it too much. My mind/heart always 'says' that we should use the words 'love' and 'hate' sparingly. But, as you say kiwi, BACK them up with actions, every time.

You've got a lucky hubby and very lucky children. :) Sorry you're depressed btw. [your 'state']

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I say it to my girls every day. Always, before one of us leaves the house or before we go to sleep. If anything were ever to happen, I want to make sure they know that me telling them I care was that important.
    I have a co-worker who says it to me every day before she leaves but I don't say it back to her. I don't love her and I don't feel the need to say something so meaningful to a casual friend, I'll save those words for my best friend tyvm.:)

4. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

I love you too. Oh my god, I'm crying here!

They sure are lovely words to hear though. I speak and hear them on a regular basis and they never lose their power to me. I have a little Sims style bar that needs topping up regularly or I piddle on the floor. I never say it without meaning it but I try not to overuse the words. As you say, sometimes you don't even need to say it. Words alone aren't enough though. If there's no pudding behind them, then they are just that - words.

No kids for me yet but I'm determined to show the same love and affection you clearly show yours, kiwi. My parents always went the action route (and I don't think any less of them for it) but why not have both indeed. I love you Bliss!

*Crowd hisses* :chris: { LAAAAAME! )

5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

How often do you say it?
    Not very often at all.

How often do you hear it?
    Not very often at all.

Does it matter?
    Doesn't really bother me. I'm cool with loving me. I'm my favorite person.

Is it important to tell people or is showing them by actions enough?
    I feel that if you need the person to tell you that you love them, you're probably way weaker a person than anyone I could ever love.

6. agphoenix

agphoenix Everything goes.

I disagree, but DAMN I respect it. :cool:

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

More than before. I used to have an issue with saying I love you like feeling I'm giving too much of myself to another instead of just expressing that I care.

I hear it a lot from my son, the most. It means a lot to me.

They say "i love you" are just words and that actions are better or should be enough. However, saying I love you is an action - it's more than words. Ok, now I have to get the song "more than words" out of my head now. :lol:

I rarely say ily to my parents. I think it's out of habit. We weren't really vocal about these things. With my own family, je t'aime is a common word like saying bonjour. Has it lost its meaning? Not really. I also say Ily or "luv ya" often to some of my close friends (ask Jeanie, lol) unless I feel that they're weirded by it or think it's only reserved for people with sexual/very intimate relationships.

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

My boyfriend tells me all the time that he loves me. I don't tell him quite as much as he tells me.
    I would rather be shown that I am loved than hear it.. I feel like if I am hearing it and it is not being backed up by actions, then I don't want to hear it.

My father and I have probably never said it to each other, and my mother and I do only on occasion

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

How often do you say it?
    I say it to Syndicate many times a day. We both know we love each other but I "love" saying it to him many times a day. I say it to my parents and sister whenever I see/speak to them and I say it to my Grandma when I speak to her. It's not often I speak to her but I like the people I do love to know I love them.

How often do you hear it?
    I hear it from Syndicate each day. I still get a rush and sometimes butterflies when I hear those beautiful words!
    My parents say it to me quite often and so does my sister. My Grandma only seems to say it when she's in a good mood!

Does it matter?
    It matters a lot to me. I "love" hearing people I love say that they love me. It makes me feel very special. The people that do say it really mean it so it's very special to me.

Is it important to tell people or is showing them by actions enough?
    I like saying it and showing it. Again, the people that do say it to me will always show it too.

10. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

my dad says it to me all the time. it makes for some awkward moments, and it actually gets quite annoying. he says he wants me to be sure i know he loves me, but i do know that, so its kinda annoying when he says it like 2 times a day