I love yard sales!

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I went to yard sales for the first time today. This one street had a yard sale so I was going yard to yard to find some things to put on ebay. I was walking past this one yard and they had newspapers and the headline caught my eye. It said "Kennedy is Dead, Shot by Assassin". It was a stack of paper and I ended up buying them all. Also in the stack was the Apollo and man landing on the moon. The lady said that her grandma save the newspapers and then passed it off to her mom and then off to the yard sale lady. Pretty neat find.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh wow dude. What kind of condition are those in? You do realize that they are probably worth a lot more than you paid for them right?

How much did you pay for them and what other cool papers did you get?

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The papers are still in good condition. I took some pictures of it. I got a couple of Life magazines about the spacewalk and the apollo. I have no idea what the value of these papers may be. I show my brother the Kennedy papers and he was like dude, that's worth alot of money. I paid 5 bucks for a stack of paper which is probably the equivalent of the Sunday paper.

Last edited:

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Was just looking through the stack and there was one of Ford becoming President, Nixon resigning and the death of Martin Luther King.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
wow Dragon, that is a very rare find! I hope you do some research on how much these might be worth before sticking them up on ebay : )

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
There might be some things you can do to help preserve them too. I mean it's already been a number of years obviously but hey if you kept them for another 50 they would probably be worth a lot more. :)

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Nice find.

I would store them flat and in an air tight container. Keep them out of sunlight.
When you handle them you should be wearing glove so your oils don't get in the pages.

There sevral ways of preserveing the papers. Look up on the net.
Those are worth about 25.00 each (to a collector)
Again nice find.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Right now, I have the papers in a room where it is kind of cooler and out of sunlight until I get a container. My room is the attic and it wouldn't be the best place to keep the papers. Thanks for all your advices and look for me on the antique roadshow. :D