• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I like my music Icelandic

A

Ant On A Log

Obvious reference to Sigur Ros. Anyone heard of them? Anyone interested?

I'll tell you a bit about them. Sigur Ros's style of music is unlike any others I've heard. Maybe it's because they're from Iceland, maybe it's because the singer is a one-eyed bi-sexual Icelander, maybe it's because of the massive amounts of sedatives pumped into the Iceland water system, truthfully, I don't know. What I do know, though, is that the music can be most properly described as "soundscapes". The singing is high-pitched but very very melodic and soothing at the same time. The voice of Johann Johannsson really acts as another instrument which accompanies alternative uses of regular instruments likes guitar, drums, bass, piano and so forth. In fact, they don't sing in Icelandic, they don't sing in English, most of the songs are in a made up language called "Hopelandic".

Check them out.

For those who know all this already, what's your favorite album? I've gotta go with Agaetis Byrjun.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Agaetis Byrjun is a great cd... Staralfur and Hjartao Hamast (bamm Bamm Bamm) are probably my two favorite songs of his and they're both on it, so I'd have to agree with you there. ( ) and Takk are good cds too though...

Kominn Aftur Og Alltalltílæ
Samt Vantar Eitthvað
Eins Og Alla Vegginna

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I have never heard of them

Can someone give me the link to their songs

I wanna check them out

DRXX

A

Ant On A Log

Uh...type in "sigur ros" into anything you use to download music.

[SIZE=-1]www.sigur-ros.co.uk - Official site.

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Bmye097iakr0t - Allmusic.com's page on Sigur Ros[/SIZE]