• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I like Halak!

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
Even though I am still salty about losing Neuvirth, Halak is one hell of an acquisition for the Capitals. I think he's going to do great things, with us. :)

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I told you the exact same thing on twitter the day the trade was made. Capitals hasn't had a true number 1 goaltender since Olaf Kolzig. He's really the key for your team going into the playoffs. As we all know, he has tendencies to steal games during that time

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They should do their best to re-sign him. He's a steady number one and he could do wonders in a full season with them. When he's on his game he's one of the better goalies in the NHL.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
It's crazy how good of a career Halak is having when you think about it. First, he was drafted in the 9th round, 271st overall. Then he was behind Yann Danis, Jeff Deslauriers, and Olivier Michaud (remember him?) in Hamilton before getting a call up from the ECHL. He's really taken the ball and run with it everywhere he's been.

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
I don't disagree with anything that has been said. :) My only complaint is that we got rid of Neuvirth, to get him. It should have been Holtby.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't have anything against Halak at all and will be happy to see him have success in Washington.

But do enjoy having Ryan Miller A LOT more :lol:

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Misha Mayhem said:
I don't disagree with anything that has been said. :) My only complaint is that we got rid of Neuvirth, to get him. It should have been Holtby.
I don't see the fascination with Neuvirth? He had that one great season but terrible playoffs, and he's been pretty average after that. Plus there's no way Holtby was fetching Halak. If Halak doesn't re-sign than you should be angry, if he re-signs you should be doing cartwheels.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
One thing people forget, didn't Halak get pulled from the net 3 times during that year? I think so. He was just lights out in the 6 elimination games in the first two rounds and not that great against Philadelphia but for some reason they were ready to hand over the key yo the city.

Anyway... with regards to Halak in Washington... Keep some Duct Tape handy.

BJBirdy said:
It's crazy how good of a career Halak is having when you think about it. First, he was drafted in the 9th round, 271st overall. Then he was behind Yann Danis, Jeff Deslauriers, and Olivier Michaud (remember him?) in Hamilton before getting a call up from the ECHL. He's really taken the ball and run with it everywhere he's been.
Jesus Christ, I never thought I'd read his name ever again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Hockey 8
Babe_Ruth Hockey 4
Millz Hockey 4