• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I know what you did last summer ON-LINE

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
BBC News - Paying the price for a free web

N.B
I have not in years, I do not and will not take illicit drugs, but there was a time under the full-on influence of 'herbs' and 'chemicals' I have searched for some pretty weird stuff.
[It's fair to say, though I never knew at the time, I was fucked in the head.]
I say 'full-on' as in 'having taken drugs at the time' but many drugs are still in your system months after you take them, so even when I was not high... I was still searching for some pretty paranoid stuff.

Fuck it. I'm a bit embarrassed that I was ever so bloody stupid, but what's done is done.
I put it down to experience, and I now understand a lot of people whom suffer from paranoia, such as 'conspiracy theorists' etc. I understand where they are coming from, but I also understand that it's 'in the mind.'

I'm quite a private person. I think collectively, people will know a lot about me, but very few individuals, almost non know 'everything' about me.
I think one of my surviving paranoia's is 'all emails ever sent' 'all sms text messages ever sent' could one day be exposed, albeit as part of an on-line terror attack. [It's a known possibility, and that shutting down the Internet could cause WW III as no one would have a clue about what anyone is doing. National and international trade would stop dead in its tracks.] I guess I have nothing 'that big' to hide, but like I say, it's just a surviving paranoia.

Facebook pissed me off recently, and most of their members by taking giant leaps 'back the way' on privacy. It seems to be an on-line patern now that the internet is becoming less private as opposed to 'more private.'