• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I just want some friends!!!

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
:(I'm feeling sad and depressed. I don't have any friends and school work is just getting harder and harder. I'm very smart and funny and can take a joke, I just don't understand what is happening. That is why I'm here, to find friends.:(

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
Here's what I would do and have done in your situation. Switch to Catholic school. Religion class sucks, but the people there are (or at least in my experience) not ass holes. It probably hurt my religion teacher to sit down after pulling all that information out his ass.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So where are you from?

I actually think that forums are great for helping social skills. You learn the art of conversation, and before long you'll be able to sit down to anyone and hold a decent, adult conversation. People love that. Sounds like you need to develop some charisma and a little bit of self-confidence.

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
Re: Tainted_Glory. Going to a Cathoilic school is not an opition as i live 22km away form the nearest town, but thanks for the advice.

Re: ScubaSteve. I've got great social skills, it's just beyond a stage that can't be repaired. I can hold decent conversations, i get along with my teachers great, it's just that thier immature, it could be because that I was suppost to be a grade later then what am at now.

Doc

V.I.P.
Or you can stop telling yourself that you can't fix it, and just fix it. There's no excuse for someone who doesn't make the best with what they've been given.

Too bad I can't share my past stories.

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
But i is too late to fix things because my ex-friends know me too well, and everybody is out to get me for something i didn't do. think of it like ripples in a pond.

Doc

V.I.P.
Again, it's you being too hard on yourself and painting your personality in a negative light.

So what if your old friends hate you, go make new ones. I live in a small town now, and had several severe social problems growing up. The key is getting out and not letting the things from your past get you down, and live in the current moment, or you're not going to have a good future.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
Yeah, I got expelled at one point, but I'm not still depressed about that. Life goes on. What exactly is it that they think you did?

Doc

V.I.P.
I don't like to share specifics of my personal life on the board, and I'm sorry. Just know that I suffer from a severe depression but I dont' let it consume my life. I refuse therapists and medication and if I can't fix my own life, no one can.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This may sound corny, but, happiness comes when you stop focusing on yourself. Carve a few hours out every week to service. Help an old neighbor, work at a soup kitchen, volunteer for some community work, etc, etc.
It works every time its tried. good luck.

:(I'm feeling sad and depressed. I don't have any friends and school work is just getting harder and harder. I'm very smart and funny and can take a joke, I just don't understand what is happening. That is why I'm here, to find friends.:(