I just scored over 49K playing PacMan

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 11, 2010.

1. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

And it said something about not being able to view the Arcade and I was signed out. Anyone have this problem before?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's never happened to me, it might be a glitch in the arcade or just the game itself.

Thanks for posting the issue, I'm sure Hybrix will look into it when he gets the chance.

3. CaptainObvious

Yeah, I was pretty psyched not only that I beat the 30 day high score but my own high score as well and it didn't record it.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

That happens to me all the time...only I don't get logged out.

I noticed that it happens more often when I right click on the game from the arcade list and hit "open in new tab" or "open in new window". I use that function frequently, because I still want to be on the original page...but in the arcade it just seems to cause more errors to do it that way.

Also, congrats on beating your own high score.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I just saw this, haha. At least I saw it before Hybrix did. :)

Do you click on "remember me" (or something) when you log on GF? I notice that when you do that, you can be "idle" for sometime on GF and yet still be logged on (about 30 minutes). So when you spend time playing on the arcade, when the page refreshes to save your score, you're not assumed to be logged off.

6. CaptainObvious

Yes I do, that's a good point. That may have been the problem, I'll remember that.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I've never had the problem myself but I've heard of it happening, I've had that kind of problem on the actual forum itself though.

Make sure that "Remember Me" is selected and keep it that way.

The message you get is because your account logged off (after so much idle time) and thus since you are now active as a guest you are unable to post anything or save any kind of arcade score.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Ysabel nailed it. I guess that's both good news and bad news. Lesson learned. :-/