I just realized something about MMORPGs...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by viLky, Jun 22, 2009.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I don't like playing with people! o_O

Is that strange? I, um, I like the social interaction and seeing real life people while playing the game, but whenever I group with people I get really fussy and bored. I always think "I could be having fun somewhere else soloing than playing with these people...". Not to give off that 'Holier Than Thou' attitude or anything, I just thought it was strange that I play online games with other people only to realize it's not to GROUP with them rather just to have the social interaction that you get while you play. Odd!

Does anybody else have this? You only/mainly play online games to have the social interaction than to group with other real life people?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009

2. gmash

gmash Registered Member

I don't like mmorpgs but I like playing with people (or rather competing with them).

Anyway reluctance to playing with ppl doesn't make you unsocial or anything like that. I even wonder why you think it's strange. Everyone has his/her own preferences and can play mmorpgs in his/her own way.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Well, when I first started playing MMORPGs I thought "Oh, a chance to play a RPG with lots of people. This might be fun." and assumed that the only difference between singular RPGs and MMORPGs is the ability to group with people and group with people to achive stuff. I was wrong! I got a lot accomplish soloing, and I never thought of social interaction as a reason to play MMORPGs. I enjoy watching the general chat, seeing people run by me who are human and not A.I. and even the spam I get in-game. I just don't like grouping with those people. Hehe =)

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I'm going to have to ask you to go into detail.

Purely out of interest.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Anybody ever played FFXI? That's what I thought MMORPGs were gonna be when I first started oh so long ago. I didn't think that there could be content that you could solo. I assumed that the majority of the content was for groups and raids which require large amounts of people. When I played EverQuest I was pleasently surprised. I was able to solo all the way up to level 80 (cap is at 85) without any person(s) assisting me. Unlink FFXI - and other similar MMORPGs that require groups to advance, you don't need them in all MMORPGs. Luckily, enough for me I stumped apond a MMORPG that didn't require a group to get the things you wanted completed done.

6. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I find it fun to play with others, otherwise why get into an MMORPG in the first place 0.0

I guess it's each to their own huh.

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I love playing games with others, makes it a lot more fun, and it's not like a rpg or anything where there is a set amount of things that change that game, when you play with others, anything can happen!