• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Super Nintendo I just got a SNES.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The SNES didn't have a very reliable power cord in general, so that might explain it.

But the main reason why I posted this thread was to figure out how to possibly get a power adapter for cheaper.
You can use any AC adapter as long as it matches the jack and voltage (not hard to find). I doubt you'll find one for much cheaper than $15-20.

dDave

V.I.P.
The SNES didn't have a very reliable power cord in general, so that might explain it.

You can use any AC adapter as long as it matches the jack and voltage (not hard to find). I doubt you'll find one for much cheaper than $15-20.
Yeah I looked around the problem is that most AC adapters don't have this unique kind of end, I need one that has a metal pin on it rather than one that will fit over a metal pin those alone are hard to find.

But I found this, tell me if it looks like a scam, it's almost as if it's too good to be true. Amazon.com: Universal AC Adapter (NES, SNES, Genesis Model 1): Video Games

Doc

V.I.P.
I dunno if that's a scam or not. $2 isn't a big loss.

dDave

V.I.P.
I just stopped at a gaming store and got A Link To The Past for $18, the guy said that I looked like a nice guy and he just gave me the power cord for free they had a deal to get any one $5 game for free with anything over $10 (the power cord should have been $12) I got both of them for $18. (A Link To The Past would have been $18 on it's own)

dDave

V.I.P.
Well I just got Super Mario World for just $8!

Man some of these games are just so easy to find a good deal.

I brought Taz-Mania and Stanley Cup in and the guy said that he'd give me $2 for both of them, I decided that for $2 I'd rather keep them and just let them sit on the shelf. :lol: The guy laughed.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Dude, you got such a good deal on your SNES. I bought mine at GameStop, the thing cost me $100 and it only came with one game (Super Mario World). GameStop chapped my ass. But I guess I have to take into consideration, that it was almost like new, came in its original box and was only used 2 or 3 times.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
If you're thinking about getting an older system or older games, you should also check out Half.com: Textbooks , Books , Music , Movies , Games , Video Games. They have a lot of old stuff at really good prices. It's where I usually buy most of my video games that have been out for a while.

Ebay bought them out a few years ago, so you can use your ebay info on there as well.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

V.I.P.
Dude, Pam, I fucking love you right now. I've been looking for a good non-ebay place to buy cheap old video games for a long time now.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Technically, isn't Half.com eBay related?

Doc

V.I.P.
I actually just learned that after clicking the link.

Stupid me.