• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Super Nintendo I just got a SNES.

dDave

V.I.P.
After years of considering it I finally got a SNES.

It came with the following.

-The console in good working condition
-2 controllers
-Super Mario All Stars
-DKC 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest
-Return Of The Jedi
-Taz-Mania
-Stanley Cup

My only problem is that it didn't come with any cables of any sort I actually have the AV connector (it's the same as Gamecube and N64 which I have lots of) and the RF modulator, however the issue I have now is that I possess no power cable, I looked through my stuff and found the power adapter to the original NES but it's the wrong model and won't fit a SNES.

Here's what it says on the bottom.

Nintendo
Super NES Control Deck
--------------
Model No. SNS-001
Rating: DC10V 850mA
Use with AC Adapter NO. SNS-002 Only

I looked around online and it seems that the cheapest option is about $15-20 just for the power adapter, I only payed $7 for all of this stuff though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
All for 7 bucks? Great deal. SM: All-Stars is the coolest/best SMB game of all time. Worth it. Totally.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Don't forget to get yourself Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country.

dDave

V.I.P.
Don't forget to get yourself Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country.

I actually have both of those games for Wii so there's no urgency there, I actually also have DKC on GBA (which I play on DS)

But the main reason why I posted this thread was to figure out how to possibly get a power adapter for cheaper.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You should pick up A Link to the Past and Super Metroid (I've never actually played this, but a lot of Metroid fans say it's the best one).

I'll check to see if I have an extra power cord.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Wow...nice deal bro, very nice deal :)

Make sure to pick up Chronotrigger, Secret of Evermore and Secret of Mana ohhh and Earthbound :)

4 very worthy RPG's and perhaps the best on the system.

dDave

V.I.P.
Wow...nice deal bro, very nice deal :)

Make sure to pick up Chronotrigger, Secret of Evermore and Secret of Mana ohhh and Earthbound :)

4 very worthy RPG's and perhaps the best on the system.
Yeah there's a huge gaming store uptown a ways (I drive by there about once a month) So I'll probably just stop in there and pick up a few other titles that catch my eye.

But before I do anything I need to find a power cable so I can turn the stupid thing on. :lol:

I could get one on ebay for $10 I just found out, but that's 3 weeks waiting for the free shipping.

dDave

V.I.P.
Damn that sucks, why didn't you make sure that a power cable would be included?
I knew ahead of time that it wouldn't be, but seriously it was still an amazing deal without the power cable, I just can't enjoy it til I get the power cable.

The guy just didn't have the power cable there's nothing I can really do about it.

But $17 all around isn't a bad deal at all either.(assuming I got a power cable for $10)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Why did this guy have an SNES without a power cord? That doesn't make much sense.