Super Nintendo I just got a SNES.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
After years of considering it I finally got a SNES.

It came with the following.

-The console in good working condition
-2 controllers
-Super Mario All Stars
-DKC 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest
-Return Of The Jedi
-Taz-Mania
-Stanley Cup

My only problem is that it didn't come with any cables of any sort I actually have the AV connector (it's the same as Gamecube and N64 which I have lots of) and the RF modulator, however the issue I have now is that I possess no power cable, I looked through my stuff and found the power adapter to the original NES but it's the wrong model and won't fit a SNES.

Here's what it says on the bottom.

Nintendo
Super NES Control Deck
--------------
Model No. SNS-001
Rating: DC10V 850mA
Use with AC Adapter NO. SNS-002 Only

I looked around online and it seems that the cheapest option is about $15-20 just for the power adapter, I only payed $7 for all of this stuff though.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Don't forget to get yourself Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country.

I actually have both of those games for Wii so there's no urgency there, I actually also have DKC on GBA (which I play on DS)

But the main reason why I posted this thread was to figure out how to possibly get a power adapter for cheaper.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You should pick up A Link to the Past and Super Metroid (I've never actually played this, but a lot of Metroid fans say it's the best one).

I'll check to see if I have an extra power cord.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Wow...nice deal bro, very nice deal :)

Make sure to pick up Chronotrigger, Secret of Evermore and Secret of Mana ohhh and Earthbound :)

4 very worthy RPG's and perhaps the best on the system.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Wow...nice deal bro, very nice deal :)

Make sure to pick up Chronotrigger, Secret of Evermore and Secret of Mana ohhh and Earthbound :)

4 very worthy RPG's and perhaps the best on the system.
Yeah there's a huge gaming store uptown a ways (I drive by there about once a month) So I'll probably just stop in there and pick up a few other titles that catch my eye.

But before I do anything I need to find a power cable so I can turn the stupid thing on. :lol:

I could get one on ebay for $10 I just found out, but that's 3 weeks waiting for the free shipping.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Damn that sucks, why didn't you make sure that a power cable would be included?
I knew ahead of time that it wouldn't be, but seriously it was still an amazing deal without the power cable, I just can't enjoy it til I get the power cable.

The guy just didn't have the power cable there's nothing I can really do about it.

But $17 all around isn't a bad deal at all either.(assuming I got a power cable for $10)